BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know what this cable does please? It looks audio perhaps CD player or Intercom.
Thanks IMG_0299.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
It looks like a Autocom lead. Most likely, the Autocom unit will be located under the passenger seat. You should also see another lead under the passenger seat.

Reactions: MarkSSL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An autocom unit! So is this an option or standard equipment. Is it hard wired to helmets?

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Here is the Autocom website:
Autocom | Bluetooth & Wired Helmet Communication Headsets
It looks like there is only one distributor in the US located in New Hampshire. It is a aftermarket system that is hard wired to your helmets. I had two systems on my 2000 LT, a Autocom 3000, and I think I replaced it with a Autocom A1. By the time you purchase parts for your system, I would invest in a Sena 20s wireless system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping I could plug a CD player in. We actually have A Bluetooth intercom which works really well. Used it on loads of rides. A few of friends have them too. Highly recommend at this price. IMG_0300.JPG

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
One other thing. The cable should say Autocom on the flat part, if not, it could be a factory com system. Look inside your oddments (?) box. Is there a com system there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other thing. The cable should say Autocom on the flat part, if not, it could be a factory com system. Look inside your oddments (?) box. Is there a com system there?

Ok will do. All I have in the box is the standard cassette player.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was hoping I could plug a CD player in. We actually have A Bluetooth intercom which works really well. Used it on loads of rides. A few of friends have them too. Highly recommend at this price. View attachment 118513
What system is that and how well does it work? Do you know if it will work with systems from another company? At that price, I would consider getting a set up for my wife to use in the car while I am on the bike - no, she will not ride with me, ever - her choice. OH, what kind of range does it have?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What system is that and how well does it work? Do you know if it will work with systems from another company? At that price, I would consider getting a set up for my wife to use in the car while I am on the bike - no, she will not ride with me, ever - her choice. OH, what kind of range does it have?

It works really well. The units charge quickly and last 8 hours. Easy to attach to helmet and the sound is clear. I believe the range is about 1,000 metres but would need to check

·
Registered
736 Posts
It works really well. The units charge quickly and last 8 hours. Easy to attach to helmet and the sound is clear. I believe the range is about 1,000 metres but would need to check
I looked into it and the systems must be matching units. So, they won't work with my Nolan system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts