BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all, I haven't posted in a long time, but I'm stummped. I have a 2000 K1200LT and am doing my 48K service (ok I have 50K on it). What is the rubber hose with a bleeder fitting on the right side of the engine for? I've never noticed it in the past.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hi Rob,

That would be the bleed screw for the clutch. Itis secured with a zip tie that is removed for bleeding.

Mugz

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Careful.. That's one of those BMW freaky fittings... You have to remove the grub screw then screw a bleeder into the fitting... OR Completely remove the damn thing ( RED Loctite..You MUST USE HEAT when removing the fitting).. The you can screw a speed bleeder into it permanently....SB1010S I believe....

Bee Careful..

Spell check wanted to turn loctite into lactate....:rotf:

John

·
Registered
85 Posts
JPSpen said:
Careful.. That's one of those BMW freaky fittings... You have to remove the grub screw then screw a bleeder into the fitting... OR Completely remove the damn thing
Based on the original post, sounds like someone (previous owner?) has already replaced the original fitting with a bleeder.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Based on the original post, sounds like someone (previous owner?) has already
replaced the original fitting with a bleeder.
Let's hope so.. But information is what we do here... Now he has the whole story..

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just double checked and it is a regular bleeder. The previous owner must have changed it. Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
85 Posts
roblee55 said:
I just double checked and it is a regular bleeder. The previous owner must have changed it. Thanks for the warning.
As John said, it's what "we" do here... now you have the "whole story".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts