BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl will get everything she asked for.

New brake lines (ordered)
New left & right BMR co pilot accessory arms (ordered from Raffy)
New ram mount for spot messenger (ordered)
Install new backlit compass
Remove & check swingarm boot
Install rebuilt original FD
Set valve lash at the loose limit
Check compression & leakdown
New oil, air & fuel filters
Change & flush all fluids
Wash & wax all body panels & wheels
Take her south for five days leaving 12-29-09

If she wants to add more to her list I'm good with that too

I just love this bike :) :) :wave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Since I tried to clean a ditch out with my 2000 LT and the insurance totaled it. The 2003 I have now cd changer needs a upgrade to a MP3 player. Radio music sucks :mad:

·
Registered
989 Posts
saddleman said:
My girl will get everything she asked for.
{extremely long list followed...}
I just love this bike :) :) :wave
Wow, you are surely treating the bike better than yourself! Good for you. Happy wrenching season!

dvx216 said:
... The 2003 I have now cd changer needs a upgrade to a MP3 player. Radio music sucks :mad:
Aw. c'mon: you do not like all the wonderful commercials available to you on your radio, for free? ;)

Here's a hint: satellite radio. I use a Sirius receiver that couples into the bike's radio through what they call "FM relay", an antenna coupler. When on, the sat radio plays through a fixed frequency on the bike's radio, when off - you get the off-the air stuff. I do not use the "through the air" coupling between satellite receiver and bike radio because it is subject to interference from outside sources.
Other possibility is using an auxiliary input to your CD radio to hook up your MP3 player. I added that on my 2001 bike, using the BMW Aux Input kit - you will need to search here if it applies to your year as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mount new Garmin 376 C
Mount AUX fuel cell
Mount secondary radar rector

·
Registered
45 Posts
Change Ohlins shock.
Replace/repair damper .
Install Aux input MP3 use.
Install V-1
Only repaint all black color paint of bike such as dashboard, mirror,..etc
To make intercom helmet, bike already have VOICE system but no helmet with speaker and mic.
Low seat.
clean and wax the bike .
V-1 and Ohlins shock already buy.

I love LT, hope can done before 2010

·
Registered
120 Posts
1) New Clutch
2) New Rear Main Seal
3) New Odyssey
4) On-Board Aux Batt w/inverter for lap-top and various household appliances

·
Registered
41 Posts
Couldn't pass up the 20% off group buy on a new Russell Day Long saddle with a backrest. Now I just have to find a box to send in my old one.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Her needs are pretty simple: a 12k service and a new front tire.

What she doesn't know is that I have some other goodies in mind for her. When she goes in for the 12k service she will see a Stebel air horn and upgraded fuel line quick disconnects in her stocking, hung by the mantle with care! :cool:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
The LT is getting new shoes front and rear, the electrical farkels will be re-routed through a new FZ-1 fuse block.

The GS got hers early as I finished the Centec fuse block install today. What a pain to find a switched power lead on a CAN Bus bike. Then I will install the smartire system I got on e-bay a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Just keep riding mine is top on her list.

She's getting her wish.............

·
Registered
130 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
A complete redesign using a SIX CYLINDER engine!!!! :bike:
Now you're talking! Hopefully It'll have a throttle return spring that won't give me tennis elbow :rotf:

·
Cat Herder
1,486 Posts
Santa wont be riding my bike until he brings me a used ABS unit from a 2002LT....
Hope Santa can find one...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
All I want for Christmas is my two LED motolights.
...and a new clutch
...and a new 2 way radio.
...and a new windshield
...and new boots, jackets, pants, helmets..STOP IT !!!
I need help :D

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mwnahas said:
All I want for Christmas is my two LED motolights.
...and a new clutch
...and a new 2 way radio.
...and a new windshield
...and new boots, jackets, pants, helmets..STOP IT !!!
I need help :D
The people in the white coats gave up on trying to help me a long long time ago. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
jzeiler said:
The LT is getting new shoes front and rear, the electrical farkels will be re-routed through a new FZ-1 fuse block.

The GS got hers early as I finished the Centec fuse block install today. What a pain to find a switched power lead on a CAN Bus bike. Then I will install the smartire system I got on e-bay a few months ago.
Hey John, I actually found this after I helped connect up my riding buddies GS for a switched source as well.. I patched into the "running light" at the bottom of the headlight assembly .. But this thing is a pigtail that gives you a neat connection in the same place !!
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2868/252/

Bill

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm finally getting a pair of Gerbing G3 gloves. I almost bought a pair last year and now I'm glad that I waited for the Microwire. They are currently on backorder until 12/28 and I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts