BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to pick up a 2011 RT.
I know it does not have the audio system, but that's about all I know.

I would like to be able to play my ipod/iphone 4 through fairing speakers.

I don't need XM radio, CD or music in my helmet...just want to play the iphone once and a while on a country road.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have a BMW System 6 helmet with the BMW integrated bluetooth system in it. (I am in Canada, where we can get those helmets)

Honestly, I don't like hearing music in my helmet as I find it distracting. I have the helmet BT system for GPS prompts.

I would like a bit of music once and a while for my daughter and I to listen to while cruising along the country roads.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have J & M Corp Elite headset playing Stereo Bluetooth frmo my Zumo 665 with XM, Media Card, Nav direections and my Blackberry paired to the Zumo.

I love having the sound in my helmet. I also wear Earsoft Gripper earplugs (-31db) and the sound is from the J&M is fae superior to dash speakers particulalry at highway speed. You get true stereo just like wearing a great set of headphones . I does not distract me at all. Really makes any trip more pleasureable!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Gregpinch said:
I actually have a BMW System 6 helmet with the BMW integrated bluetooth system in it. (I am in Canada, where we can get those helmets)

Honestly, I don't like hearing music in my helmet as I find it distracting. I have the helmet BT system for GPS prompts.

I would like a bit of music once and a while for my daughter and I to listen to while cruising along the country roads.
I have the same helmet and BMW Bluetooth while I don't think they are audiophile quality it sounds better than the dash speakers at higher speeds.

·
Registered
127 Posts
gerhard said:
Why not get Bluetooth headset in your helmet and sync to ipod, it would be a lot easier than installing an audio system and you can actually listen to music at speed which I found doesn't work so well through the dash speakers.

Gerhard
I agree. Give it a trial run. I think having it in my helmet is the best way to go. You can always turn the volume down so it is just like background music, yet the voice and GPS commands will over ride the music. I think that is the best way to go. I love mine!!

Alaskan

·
Registered
472 Posts
To answer the question asked, I'll say that it's going to be quite a project. You'll need to buy an amplifier and speakers at the very least as well as figure out how to mount and wire them. Then you need to connect the ipod and figure out how to charge it if going on longer rides. It can be done, but not simply.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I use a Scala G4 wireless intercom, speakers are installed in helmet and ipod plugs into the aux. input, I just tuck the ipod in my jacket pocket. I pull it out and adjust as necessary...easy to do when running since ipod controls are 1 finger. Sure there's a single wire to contend with but it works for me and I have a wirless intercom for riding 2 up with my SO.

r

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
itspossible said:
I use a Scala G4 wireless intercom, speakers are installed in helmet and ipod plugs into the aux. input, I just tuck the ipod in my jacket pocket. I pull it out and adjust as necessary...easy to do when running since ipod controls are 1 finger. Sure there's a single wire to contend with but it works for me and I have a wirless intercom for riding 2 up with my SO.

r
J&M BT Elite Headset also provides wired or wireless intercom with passenger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.