BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 1200 lt 44000 miles 6 cd player abs alarm $$5775 iz it a good deal or not oh yea shez black thankz slim

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Sounds like a decent price. You might want to check kbb.com or nada.com for pricing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds too good to be true. Should be at least $2-3K more.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sounds good, I'd say that is going rate in Ohio now.

Have fun with her. Run it up around 5k and above through the curves and it will be a blast

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
The year and Miles are a good combo. I would get the VIN# and have BMW run it through their computer to see its history as far as they know. Also check carfax to make sure it's not a salvage title or some such thing. Can't be too careful. I did that even though I bought mine from a Forum member.

·
Registered
67 Posts
BennyBob said:
The year and Miles are a good combo. I would get the VIN# and have BMW run it through their computer to see its history as far as they know. Also check carfax to make sure it's not a salvage title or some such thing. Can't be too careful. I did that even though I bought mine from a Forum member.

+1 on this idea. If you know the history, or at least can track it, and the history is satisfactory to you, then it's a good deal.
To me, if you can't track the maintenance record, then at this price it's probably too good to be true.
I bought a '00 with 100k miles for $4400 because I knew the owner and the dealer he serviced it at, and knew from that the bike was a steal.
Still going strong, adding nothing but tires and oil!
Best of luck and enjoy the new toy!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will be apickin her up 2mar nite cant wait till de weekend rain or shine :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking for help.I have a 06 k1200 lt. Driver seat info. Back portion of my seat hits me in the lower back / butt. I feel like I'm to close to the tank I'm 6 2 and would like to have a seat that sits back farther for more leg room. Seat is in highest position. Do they make a seat that will work ? Thank's

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mikebeem said:
Looking for help.I have a 06 k1200 lt. Driver seat info. Back portion of my seat hits me in the lower back / butt. I feel like I'm to close to the tank I'm 6 2 and would like to have a seat that sits back farther for more leg room. Seat is in highest position. Do they make a seat that will work ? Thank's
At 6'2" you should be on the lower seat setting. Get a "Backup Backrest", a bead rider seat and enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
While your height is a factor, it's really more of a function of inseam (leg length) and girth. I have a 36" inseam but not big hips so I have plenty of room. I do have the seat set in the up position. I'm 6'3"

The bigger your booty the farther forward in the seat you sit no matter how short your legs may be.

Many of the custom seat builders will thin the backrest to give you more room. Not necessarily good if you ride 2 up a lot as it slides you into the pillion space. Look at the threads in the Ergonomics & Rider Comfort section, they should help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My inseam is 34". I did look in confort & ergonomic section . I didn't see anything. Seemed like most are looking to get closer to the ground I have plenty leg need to get farther back

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
Mikebeem said:
Mike, you should start your own thread and not hijack another.
With that said you will get a lot of opinions and that should help you find what you need.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
zippy_gg said:
Mike, you should start your own thread and not hijack another.
With that said you will get a lot of opinions and that should help you find what you need.
Mike the way to do what Gilles said is to go to the Ergonomics & Rider Comfort section click the new thread lozenge (upper left) and you can start your first thread. While you're there, review THIS thread. You'll get lots of opinions and some real help.

Apologize for the Hijack Slim. Looking forward to pics of your new ride and first impressions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That sounds like a steal. I just purchased mine and didn't find any bike around that price. Check it out good. Hopefully it is just fine. Hopefully mine is too. Ha

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I was you, I would check out the final drive bearings before I paid for it.. It can be bloody expensive !!, but apart from that, sounds like a very cheap bike...

·
Registered
69 Posts
That really sounds too good to be true!I would definitely try to find out as much as I can about it's service history.If none is available,take the bikes VIN number to a BMW dealer,they might be able to find something in their system.However seeing that you've been around bikes for so long,I'm sure you know what to look at!

Good luck and enjoy !

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Slim said:
will be apickin her up 2mar nite cant wait till de weekend rain or shine :dance: :dance: :dance:
Awesome. Congratulations, Slim. Next time I run through New Holland I'll have to swing by to see the new LT. :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just got home only got 2 put 70 miles sum rain did find out that RPM'S are your freind how do you keep the speed down with out gettin a ticket ?love de bike tho :yeah:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts