BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started a new class Monday, one of my students approached me, asked about the "BeerBurner", then tells me he has a K1200LT at his home, a friend left there before Katrina, nearly 4 years ago. It has a blown clutch, says you can see through the bell housing, it has 11.8K miles on it and he wants to get rid of it. I inquired about his price and he replies "Make me an offer!" I dont have any papers on it! It seems to be a 03,04 model. He is going to bring me pictures of it tommorrow.

I considered offering him $500.00 for it? It will probably be more of a PIA, than anything. I am thinking it may be a good parts machine, though.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
If you can make a profit by parting it out, and you have the time to deal with it why not go for it. It would be a good rainy day project. Offer up what you're comfortable with and figure you could easily recoup, then do it...

that's my $.02, but then I don't have your garage or family...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Floyd,

Here is your chance to tear one down to parade rest and not have to put it back together!!

I'll be in your neck of the woods about 1030 am on Friday the 12th. If you are going to be around maybe we can do lunch.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Did it get caught in any of the floods? If it ever was underwater, even partially, the motor and tranny are likely a mess. if not offer him $1000 and part it out on eBay, you'll likely make much more than that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
$500.00; pay him for his pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts