BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Cee Baileys #2 -2 and it seems taller than the stock shield.
I could see over the stock shield and now seem to be shy about an inch. What is your favorite shield?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I got the,

Euro shield. Like it a lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
90% of the time I use the Euro Shield. Trips over 1,000 miles (once a year) I use the tall BMW Shield w/ Laminar lip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cee Bailey #2 with wings - 2" over. My SO swears by it as reduces her buffeting immensely.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Summer time stock tall; once the day time temps plunge into the lower 80s, I use the short one.
Bob

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I had a Cee Bailey #2 -2 but didn't like it- not enough protection.

I now have the ZTechnik Vstream. Great windshield! One small problem- occasionally blocks out my Satellite radio signal.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Aero-Flow shield on my 02. Kind of fugly but it works. Really helped the buffeting for the pillion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use the stock short shield. It came from the factory with the tall one and I found I had trouble seeing over it (5ft8in) so I had the dealer switch it for the short one. So far working fine for me and my wife.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I have a Cee Bailey #2 -4 with wings. I love it, the wife thinks it is too much wind for her, esp in the down position. I had a #2-2, and sold it and got the -4. She liked the -2, so maybe a -3 would be perfect for me. 5'9".

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
bghubr said:
Just purchased a Cee Baileys #2 -2 and it seems taller than the stock shield.
I could see over the stock shield and now seem to be shy about an inch. What is your favorite shield?
The CB #2 -2 is a drop taller than the stock shield.

I am 6'1" - 33'+ inseam and love my CB #2 -3, although the first one they send me was, ahem, warped a bit. They did make good on it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
et al,
IF everyone who posts would add their height and inseam................ it would increase the usefulness of these posts tremendously! Same deal for the pillion too! :D Thanks "Averill" for doing that!

(My OEM WS measures 24" along the keelbeam ((center)) and at 6-1 and 32" inseam and a Nolan 100 noisy helmet I find it impossible to "find" any quiet air. I believe my ws is a tall but standard oem in 99.

Since a new ws is in the future for me trying to decipher CB -2-4 etc with rider/ pillion specs like height and inseam would really help! :bmw:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Standard with Laminar Lip spoiler

BMW standard shield (24") with a Laminar Lip bolted on using well-nuts.

Of the 5 other shields I've tried (V-Stream, BMW Euro (17"), CB #2-4", CB #2-2" w/wings, CB #1+2" w/wings) this is the only set-up I've found that lets me and my pillion ride in quiet comfort whilst never looking through the shield.

I'm 6 ft even with a 32" inseam. Pillion: 5'7" 30" inseam, head level with mine while riding. I can see over the top from fully down to about 2 inches raised.

Shorter folks may not have that advantage, in which case I would suggest a CeeBaileys #1-n inches with the Laminar Lip (Don't get the #1 w/wings. They'll gouge your fairing!). The spoiler really works well, but it must be bolted on. The Dual-Lock the vendor provides is crap for any long term use.

Tourdog said:
et al,
IF everyone who posts would add their height and inseam................ it would increase the usefulness of these posts tremendously! Same deal for the pillion too! :D Thanks "Averill" for doing that!

(My OEM WS measures 24" along the keelbeam ((center)) and at 6-1 and 32" inseam and a Nolan 100 noisy helmet I find it impossible to "find" any quiet air. I believe my ws is a tall but standard oem in 99.

Since a new ws is in the future for me trying to decipher CB -2-4 etc with rider/ pillion specs like height and inseam would really help! :bmw:

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Reviewing post since I have same question. My 2001 LT had the short BMW Euro on it when I bought it. a 600 mile day proved to me that what i have is not adequate for a rider 6'3" w/36" inseam. My SO is 5'11" and wants quiet air. Any recommendations from tall riders and pillions welcome. Good news is that Lonestar BMW here in Austin is a Cee Baileys distributor as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ztechnik Vstream. Love it...much quieter than stock Euro, but I can still get enough air in 90 F Florida days. I'm 6'2" with 34 inch inseam and always look over the top. Vstream center ht is same as the Euro, but top profile is flatter and wider. Clarity is better too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts