BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did use the female UK in my MCoupe because it made me feel like James Bond.
On the LT I use Aussie female although she has some strange preferences like Washington roads (WA) are called Western Australia and Lakeview Dr. is called Lakeview Doctor.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I got the new Zumo I configured it with the British female voice, which sounds more like a British Airways flight attendent than us 'normal' Brits.

I quickly changed that after my first trip when she announced 'turn right on Federated States of Micronesia Six Two Oh'. Changing to the US voice brought forth the correct instruction to 'turn right on FM six twenty', so there is obviously some level of added intelligence to the voices other than just straightforward text-to-speech.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
NONE - I don't like the damn thing interrupting my music:)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Amen! Dave!! Didnt know I had a choice, thought it was like getting married. You dont find out till after "I DO!"

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
I have a Nuvi and have changed the voice numerous times for fun. Not so fun when I make a wrong turn :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine works fine, but I'am still trying to find "Wall-a-Mart, go figure

·
Registered
185 Posts
Depends

When I was in the US, I used the Garmin "Jill" voice (US English female). Now that I'm over in Germany, I swapped over to Steffi (German female). I don't even speak fluent Deutche, but I couldn't stand "Jill" mispronouncing every street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts