BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we've got an early January thaw today. Temps warmed up to the balmy 40's. I am so tempted to take Roxie out for a ride. Here's my issue. The roads are wet and I know when I come back she'll be really dirty. I suppose I could wash her in the driveway before putting her back on the trickle charger. So tempting. Really missing riding.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
gpolakow said:
Okay, we've got an early January thaw today. Temps warmed up to the balmy 40's. I am so tempted to take Roxie out for a ride. Here's my issue. The roads are wet and I know when I come back she'll be really dirty. I suppose I could wash her in the driveway before putting her back on the trickle charger. So tempting. Really missing riding.
Just dry the locks with compressed air and or spray some WD-40 in them if it will be in unheated storage.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I rode in the rain the other day, got back with the bike a little dirty. I let it mostly dry in the garage, then grabbed some supplies for some quality time with the bike:

Cigar (Cuban, Romeo y Julieta)
Prolong waterless wash & shine
Stranahan's Whisky
Clean cotton towels
Honda Polish
Meguiar's Exterior Trim treatment

The ride was good, and the cleaning was enjoyable.

Do it.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
What to do? Go for a ride!

62 here today, with ... what's it called? Oh yeh - sunshine! Snow is melted off the roads and we're going to be able to join the local BMW dealership's New Year's Day ride. Even though it will be 50s and raining, I'm looking forward to the chance to ride tomorrow. Cool.

·
Premium Member
7,596 Posts
gpolakow said:
If it is just water, I'd just leave it dirty. If the water contains road salt, then I would hose it down well before putting it back away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts