BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving in a couple of weeks with my son and his family for vacation in Oahu, HI. I have a couple of F650GS's reserved for a day of riding with my son and would be appreciative of any suggestions for any specific roads or routes that we should consider. Although I'm renting GS's neither of us have much off road experience so not interested in any GS challenges. Also interested in family oriented things to see and do beyond the obvious typical tourist attractions. Would appreciate suggestions from any of y'all with knowledge of the island.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Several cross island roads to choose from for getting between Los Angeles.... errr.. Honolulu and Kaneohe Bay. The "other side" of the island is much more enjoyable, and there are some nice roads to get there.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Be sure to ride the bridge back to the States.;)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Go to the beach and watch chicks!:histerica

·
Registered
164 Posts
Be careful...cra cra cagers on the loose in Oahu! North Shore is the place to ride.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Lynn, it's cool that you'll be able to add Hawaii to your "states visited" map.

In your rides, be sure to get a photo of you and the bike next to a Hawaiian interstate highway sign.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Agree the North shore area....and out to some plantation roads...

But, if time was good ....hop over to Maui and the ROAD to HANA is the real deal...

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be sure to ride the bridge back to the States.;)
I only wish! I was thinking about running the tire pressure on the RT up to about 65 or 70. I figure that would be enough to keep her afloat for most of the trip!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree the North shore area....and out to some plantation roads...

But, if time was good ....hop over to Maui and the ROAD to HANA is the real deal...
Would love to do that Don but our time is somewhat limited and travel will be a problem as the wife is still recovering from hip reconstruction after her fall about 6 weeks ago.

BTW, see you still have the sidehack. Look'n good! Have you learned to "fly" the car yet?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Would love to do that Don but our time is somewhat limited and travel will be a problem as the wife is still recovering from hip reconstruction after her fall about 6 weeks ago.

BTW, see you still have the sidehack. Look'n good! Have you learned to "fly" the car yet?
Speedo!:eek:

I hope Janet has a speedy recovery and you tell her that we love her.

Y'all have a safe trip.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
You know, they often call Lynn Keen "Speedo", but his real name is Mr. Earl. :rotf:

- Bob
old time rock & roll fan

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
You know, they often call Lynn Keen "Speedo", but his real name is Mr. Earl. :rotf:

- Bob
old time rock & roll fan
Where's the "no-photos-PLEASE" emoticon? :D

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where's the "no-photos-PLEASE" emoticon? :D
Don't know why all you guys are making fun of me. Attached is a copy of a photo taken just last week. I know some of you haven't seen me for awhile and the transformation is probably hard to believe but I'm proud of what I've accomplished!:yeah:

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    53 KB Views: 88

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Don't know why all you guys are making fun of me. Attached is a copy of a photo taken just last week. I know some of you haven't seen me for awhile and the transformation is probably hard to believe but I'm proud of what I've accomplished!:yeah:
Uh..... Not sure what to say about this. "Congrats"? You look so.... natural. Yeh, that's it, you look natural! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do this...
Does this qualify for ATGAT? And, OH by the way honey, I need one of them Rick Mayer saddles. I'm tired of getting splinters in my butt every time I ride!

Also, Thanks for the link to the Oahu travel site. Very useful.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you can spend a day or two on the big island, the volcano is certainly something to see, especially at night. As mentioned before the north shore is a whole lot better than Honolulu, traffic is usually heavy, lots of tourists, Hanuma bay is something to see, close to Daimond Head. Our house looked over Chinamans hat on the windward side near Kanoehe Marine Corps Air Station.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts