BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of a cleaner made by Honda to clean a bike with. I was told you can clean everything from the pipes to the windshield but not sure which product it is. I have seen a Hondagloss and a Hondabrite anyone know of these products. If so give me your opinion or suggestion for something else to use to clean the LT with.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
S&W

I just use good old soap and water....

Car wash soap of course...:)

Wax her up every 6 months or so and you're good to go...

If you're not someplace where it's convenient to wash it then you're on the road and it supposed to be dirty and have bugs and stuff on it...

Some say you can clean it with Pledge or something like that.

I'm not obsessive about it so I just leave it dirty till I get back home..

Then out with the bucket, sponge and hose...No pressure washing allowed....

Good Luck

John

·
Registered
318 Posts
Honda Pro Spray Cleaner and Polish is what you are probably referring to. It is in a Black and White Can with Pink Lettering. $4.95 from my local Honda Dealer. I also use 210 Plastic Cleaner/Polish which is in a White Can with Blue 210 and Red Plastic Cleaner/Polish lettering. It also has a Diamond picture.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cleaning

Dish soap nad hot water.I use my extra soft boat brush,rinse it off good with hose and chamois dry.I prefer drying with an air hode but don't have a compressor since we moved.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Honda Cleaners!

I have tried numerous cleaners, but I have been using the Honda Glare Professional Polish 2x a year and then I use, the above mentioned, Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish in between major cleanings....when I am unable to ride of course!!

I have found that the Polish and cleaner take the bugs and road grime off the best....and keep them from "cooking" on.

On the Windshield I use nothing but hot water and soap.

My .02

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
surfran said:
Honda Pro Spray Cleaner and Polish is what you are probably referring to. It is in a Black and White Can with Pink Lettering. $4.95 from my local Honda Dealer.
I like the Mothers products for a good cleaning and wax. However, the above mentioned Pro Spray is excellent for a good in between shine. But only after you wash the grit off the bike first!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Take the time and read through THIS THREAD. Nick Plenzick distributes a line of products called ProtectAll. I bought a couple bottles at GMR, and I like it more than Honda Cleaner. And I've been using that stuff for years. Send Nick a PM, and tell him that messenger13 sent ya. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really like Plexus for an after wash polish or between wash maintenance. I use it on everything.
Awhile back there was a thread about a brake dust repellant type stuff for the wheels---did anyone try it out?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bugs in the radiators

Greetings people.

I've noticed a slow but steady build-up of bugs beginning to decompose on my radiators. Now, is this something I should begin to think about how to clean out in some manner?

Kindest regards
Paul Harrington
Australia

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Blue Coral

I have been using Blue coral bike brite for years. It can be used on all surfaces on the bike and is environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I use BP truck wash to clean everything automotive here.
it is streak free and no need to chamois dry.
i buy it at bp truck stops in 4 lite containers.
love the stuff.
i wash meself in it every night just like i put jb weld on my cerial in the mornings:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
One problem I have not been able to lick are the water spots on the tip-over wings. Armor-All did not work, I am thinking about trying tire & bumper dressing. Any other suggestions.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
frankinmilpitas said:
One problem I have not been able to lick are the water spots on the tip-over wings. Any other suggestions.
There's a joke there somewhere!!! :D

Mine were pretty cruddy after a longish trip in some lousy wx, and while Cheryl wuzn't lookin', I stuck 'em in the top rack of the dishwasher. That Jet-Dry stuff musta worked, cuz they came outta there lookin' brand new and spiffy. I'd caution ya to use the mildest setting on the washer, and remove 'em before the heat/drying element has a chance at 'em. Do this at your own risk, tho - ymmv!

Before I put 'em back on Toad, I wiped 'em good with Brillianize, which makes 'em easier to clean the next time they git cruddy. Onliest prollem is, makes the rest of ole Toad look kinda grundgy, so then I had to do some more detailin' work - I'd rather ride.

·
Registered
522 Posts
frankinmilpitas said:
One problem I have not been able to lick are the water spots on the tip-over wings. Armor-All did not work, I am thinking about trying tire & bumper dressing. Any other suggestions.
White vinegar will remove the water spots. It is a natural environmentally friendly low grade acid. It will pit and erode the wax,so re wax after you use it. If you have access to a restaurant supply house ,citric acid is the answer. It comes in 1 pound bags as a powder. Two teaspoons in a pint of water and you have the best hard water spot remover available. Great on the shower doors as well if you don't have a water softener.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts