BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to sell my 06LT, charcoal, with 4K miles. I'm going to buy a 1200RT. What is a fair price to ask? I've been offered 16K on a trade. It has heated seat and grips, and GPS prep kit. No CD changer.

Thanks for any input.

Billy

·
Banned
588 Posts
16K sounds fair. In Texas, you only pay sales tax on the difference between new vehicle and trade in. At 8% sales tax, that would be like getting $17.23K for your bike if you sold it yourself.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
$16 k on trade will save you a lot in guvamint taxes... here in Texas they use the trade in to deduct your actual "sales" tax..... or they have done it in the past for other vehicles I bought.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Don't know about the New York area (that's everything east of Denver, right??) - but there was a member trying to sell an '06 a couple of months ago for $22.5K...

In reality, good ones seem to be fetching $17 to $17.5K. I've got 2X the miles, but lots more farkles, and wouldn't consider less for mine.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Since you asked us to name a price, I'll give you $112.73, and I'll even pay in cash (are unrolled coins OK?) so you don't have to wait for the funds to clear. Yes, it's worth a lot more, but I'm offering a quick sale for you. If this is OK, I'll be over with my mayonnaise jar in a few hours. :histerica

Kidding aside, I imagine if dealer offered you $16k on a trade, they're probably planning on getting $18k+ for it. But remember, I'll pay cash. :dance:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. The acceptable offers on a trade are between 15,600 and 16,000. This doesn't include severeal dealers who were only willing to give 14K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts