BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 RT1200. What would cause the left turn signal not to work? The left arrow will not come on, nor will the front or rear left turn lights come on. Everything for the right side works. I turned on the emergency flashers and they work both left and right side. I am perplexed. Would like to work it out myself and not take it in.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
127 Posts
rlindner said:
I have a 2012 RT1200. What would cause the left turn signal not to work? The left arrow will not come on, nor will the front or rear left turn lights come on. Everything for the right side works. I turned on the emergency flashers and they work both left and right side. I am perplexed. Would like to work it out myself and not take it in.

Any suggestions?
Wonder if you have a bad turn signal switch...

·
Registered
66 Posts
This exact same thing happened to me right after I picked up my brand new 2011 RT in February of this year. Went right back to the dealership (Motohio) and they confirmed it needed replaced. They ordered a new one, had it replaced under warranty and off I went!

Dealership experience was fine. But as you can imagine, I was a little concerned with having just spent so much money to have something go wrong literally within days of picking up it up.

I'm about to hit 6k miles, and have not had any more problems. Things happen and it was covered. I suggest you just head back to your dealer and let them check it out!

·
Registered
637 Posts
The turn signal logic includes a processor. Remove and unplug the signal relay & set it aside for a few minutes. Plug it back in & see if it might boot up correctly this time.

I know it is weird.........

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Hey, new bike, broken, warranty, why not let the dealer fix it, charge the Fatherland, and make them think a little more about how junky they want to go. New switch is needed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with some of the other posts. If you mess with the bike and make the problem worse or cause other problems the dealer *could* say that you voided the warranty and then you have to pay for all the repairs. No sense in risking that IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.