BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on the newer K12s that there is this extra light housing where on my 99' there is just plastic "vent" or "decoration". What is this? Is it a low beam headlight or extra high beam. Has anyone tried to put this newer part on an older bike that didn't come with it? If so, is there a place where I can purchase one, maybe a aftermarket version? And what kind of wattage bulb can this headlight shell handle? If I am able to get this to work, I will use it as a regualar halogen bulb headlight with the light modulator I have on my high beam currently. That way I can install a HID on the high beam.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,907 Posts
The lower light IS the only high beam and the upper light only has the low beam. At the corners are two small parking lamps.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tracksideoils said:
I have noticed on the newer K12s that there is this extra light housing where on my 99' there is just plastic "vent" or "decoration"..
It is also the same front grille design as BMW cars.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Would it be better to place the low beam at the bottom and the high beam on the top? By this way they do not have to intersect with each other...Just a thought...

jzeiler said:
The lower light IS the only high beam and the upper light only has the low beam. At the corners are two small parking lamps.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
. . . and, no, the new high beam does not easily install on a pre-05 LT.

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
MattKas said:
Would it be better to place the low beam at the bottom and the high beam on the top? By this way they do not have to intersect with each other...Just a thought...
What is wrong with the two light beams intersecting?

·
Registered
832 Posts
The low beam needs a large reflector to light up the area in front of your bike. The high beam with it's larger wattage gets tossed way out in front when you need it.

Don't try to out engineer the folks who do it for a living...... :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Voyager said:
What is wrong with the two light beams intersecting?
You've never seen Ghost Busters? OMG!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts