BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tis the season to forget reason and give/receive Gifts! So lets get some great ideas for gifts that will complement our rides. :D

What is your one favorite, yes lets try and stick to just one, all time favorite farkle/accessory for your motorcycle?

You know aftermarket seat, windscreen, GPS, audio or what? Feel free to give brand names but try not to go as far as selling it here.

MIne has to be my Rick Mayer seat on my last three Motorcycles. Without it my butt would never have survived the miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi John, I'll bite. Zumo ( 550 in my case) - which, when combined with Autocom (ok, maybe that's two farkles) pipes the music, phone (not usually a plus...), and gps "talk" into my helmet, and provides other data that I enjoy ("virtual" gas guage, bright speedo that doesn't get washed out in sunlight, map, trip info, etc. - really enjoy the music, and the data.

Best, John

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
HID low beam that ole Toad has been wearing since back in 2000 when Stick wuz vendoring 'em. It's still goin' strong and never a glitch. I'm figgerin' it's a steal at 50 bones a year!! So far!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Dick said:
HID low beam that ole Toad has been wearing since back in 2000 when Stick wuz vendoring 'em. It's still goin' strong and never a glitch. I'm figgerin' it's a steal at 50 bones a year!! So far!
Plus 1 but mine was only 75 bones & still going strong after 5 years. :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Overall.
My Gerbings heated gear.
Makes those cold winter rides really enjoyable.
Useful in the UK for 6 moths of the year. I've had one for 14 years before I retired it, and bought a newer one. The Orginal still works, it's by back up.
\v/

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
1964Hall said:
Overall.
My Gerbings heated gear.
Makes those cold winter rides really enjoyable.
Useful in the UK for 6 moths of the year. I've had one for 14 years before I retired it, and bought a newer one. The Orginal still works, it's by back up.
\v/
I thought the bar backs would be mine until the above was mentioned. I have missed 1/2 the season so Gerbings wins! :D

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The next one I'm shopping for!:rotf:

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
For safety - It's got the be the HID installed about 6 years ago. A close second would be the Smartire.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Backup back rest. After the damage I've done to my spine, couldn't ride more than an hour without it.

After that, depends on the time of day and time of year...if it's after 5pm, definitely the HID lighting, if after October, the heated vest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is a combo deal: The J&M BT for the helmet with the BT dongle with the Zumo550.
Wireless stereo music, ahhhhh. Oh, and not getting lost helps too!

The cool part is that they are portable between bikes! :dance:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't have too many yet on my RT which I bought last summer, but I guess my favorite so far is my Givi E55 top case. Second would be the Ilium highway pegs which I installed last month and will probably use more next summer on tours. Third would be my humble little Nuvi 255w which does everything I need in a GPS.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gerbing heated jacket.
When i really crank it up you could cook a chicken in it.
Adds months to my riding time in Wisconsin :D

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
In all seriousness, it is a very difficult call!:confused:

It's the BMR co-pilot shelf, nah, it's the Zumo 665 with J&M BT stereo headset,& XM, No way, it's the Rich's Custom Leather heated seats with Gel pads, nope!!!, it's the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit, wait a minute, no, no it's the BMW flashing LED brake/taillight, well now, no it's the Vstream Windscreen, wait a minute; no it's the shift and brake pedal extensions,no I don't think so! maybe the x-tra large kickstand foot, but what about the Valentine one mounted on the co-pilot, oh yeah, whoooooa!, nope; I forgot about the barbacks and Salamander heavy bar ends, maybe or could it be the extra heavy duty windscreen arms????, no I don't think so, pannier protectors? no maybe the valve cover protectors,? nope nope!!!, gotta be the Clearwater Glenda LED's ,well they're great but hell I forgot the Centech AP-,2, but ...............................

It's the next farkle I'm shopping for: HID kit, Yeah that's the ticket!:histerica

·
Registered
349 Posts
Definitely the communications system. There may be more I'd like to do to the LT in the future, but that's the only thing that's interfering with my day to day enjoyment of it--not having one. Just ordered an Autocom SP-A for it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Man, the Rick Mayer seat isn't a farkle, it's required equipment, and should be standard equipment! I have pretty much all the above mentioned farkles, but my current fave must be the TPX (Adaptiv) radar detector. It's paid for itself a few times over

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Just got the bike, want to get the peg lowers and bar risers and a Calsci windshield. Outside of that I think I'll need a second job to get the other stuff, which would be heated clothes, GPS and Russell seat. I'd like to get the Scala G4 too. Oh yeah, I need new motorclothes too. Lost 90 lbs and my leather jacket is a bit loose. Problem is finding 56T jackets (I'd like textile this time) and size 14 boots. It never ends.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my RT in September so have not had a lot of time to get Farkled but the tourmaster heated vest for the Alberta Fall temperatures was awesome !

1 - 20 of 49 Posts