• 70-75

Votes: 43 1.7%
  • Over 75

Votes: 9 0.3%
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Considering I was born in the Reagan decade I guess that would make me one of the youngest...

·
Registered
71 Posts
so mostly old guys with grey ball$, i should be careful i will be old one day, as the saying goes, better to be old and wise, then young and stupid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Long-in-the-tooth and loving it!

I am now 68 and have been riding Beemers for 35years. I'm on my second KLT now and plan on wearing out a couple more before I'm finished. My riding buddy (for over 50 years - he's 70) and I did an Edelweiss Alps tour last August and loved every mile of it......planning on Rome to Sicily next.
Ride safe and long.

Tom C
Rome GA

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
TomC said:
I am now 68 and have been riding Beemers for 35years. I'm on my second KLT now and plan on wearing out a couple more before I'm finished. My riding buddy (for over 50 years - he's 70) and I did an Edelweiss Alps tour last August and loved every mile of it......
Congrats! That is what my dad did, retired from professional riding (press) and kept riding smaller bikes just for fun.
TomC said:
planning on Rome to Sicily next.
There may be some swimming involved!:rolleyes: :D
All kidding aside... you will have a ball!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Double Nickle/55

Don't tell my wife though. She thinks I'm 65 and look great for my age.

·
Registered
76 Posts
dano0827 said:
so mostly old guys with grey ball$, i should be careful i will be old one day, as the saying goes, better to be old and wise, then young and stupid.
:rolleyes:

Yeeech; how do you conclude that?
The largest single segment in the survey is 45-49, but with 50-59 and 40-44 contributing to the curve. Last I checked, no gray here ... in fact, my doc said to go for it every hour on the hour while awake! My wife agrees !!! :eek: Must have been the high speed flying ... balls to the wall ...

If that (40-49, or... even 40-59) is old ... then, perhaps, I should stop teaching martial arts, hiking up and flying my paraglider, riding my bicycle, skiing, (quit long-distance running just about four years ago), certainly turn in my badge (although I passed the last PT / but the 26 yo I ran with did NOT) and MOST Certainly trade in my 1150 for something more akin to a gentleman of my gathering dusty years ... you see, I clock in at 59! :cool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Feeling young, dumb and . . .

mefly2 said:
If that (40-49, or... even 40-59) is old
It may not be old, but it sure makes you older than I. :histerica

It was interesting to see just how few LT owners there were in my age group (33). I wasn't surprised since my "peer group" seems to gravitate towards either crotch-rockets or cruisers (HDs, mostly). But I want to ride with the Mrs and she doesn't want to ride her own. That landed us smack-dab in the LT, GL or UCEG market. The LT, at least to me, was the obvious choice of the three.

·
Registered
938 Posts
im 23 and there is not many around that age. if anyone around my age, or any age, would want to ride sometime im planning a big trip this year. and a trip to alaska next year. hopefully get my 100,000 miles on bmw's by end of this year. i live just south of cleveland so if you want to ride sometime get a hold of me.

·
Registered
371 Posts
52 and (not) counting.
No gray balls. Yet.
The way my 20-year old son is drooling over the LT (So! Dad! How's the old ticker, anyway? Feel fine?) we may get a very young member one of these days.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I'm thinking that the poll is over 2 years old, nearing 3. Would the entire population shift or with some leaving and newer folks joining change the distribution?

Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I'm 44 for a few more weeks, then I move up in to the largest percentage of members who have voted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
45 is whats on my license, but it drops by half when I'm on my LT! Seems a few gray hairs blow away every time I run her down the road. Fortunately I'm still replacing those!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
So far I'm the youngest.................21............with 34 years of experience........ ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
73...and bought my very first bike, an '03 LT and two weeks later put 3000 miles on it. Greatest (or at least one of the greatest) experiences of my life. Loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
32 here and bought my 2002 r1150rt used from a local guy that took excellent care of his bike. got it with 18k miles and in 2 months have over 19k. love this ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I turned 75 last month. This is my first post to this forum. I just bought a 2003 R1150RT-P last month. It is BMW number 4 for me. Previously I owned a 500, built in the early 50's, a 1972 R75/5 bought new by me in Germany and a 650 with Earls Fork. I sold the first one in 1963 and the other two the same day to the same person in 1987. So far, I am enjoying the R1150RT-P. I hope it will be as good and reliable as the other three were.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: above average

SilverBuffalo said:
I just voted and just as I figured, I'm above average :)
Mr. Silver Buffalo:
I'm on the down side of the bell curve.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts