BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I read the forums the majority of questions are about 00-03 and 05 Lt's, The year poll shows only 22 responses compared to 70+, was the 04 a bad year or just waiting for the larger (hp) 05? I have a line on a 04 LTC at a reasonable price.

Still looking but being cheap (careful)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
'04 was a short import year, they brought in the "improved" '05 early. Remember the US get the bike a model year behind europe. IIRC

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
swamprat said:
As I read the forums the majority of questions are about 00-03 and 05 Lt's, The year poll shows only 22 responses compared to 70+, was the 04 a bad year or just waiting for the larger (hp) 05? I have a line on a 04 LTC at a reasonable price.

Still looking but being cheap (careful)
If you've got a line on an inexpensive '04 take it! The '04 model in the U.S. was an continuation of the '03 until the '05 came available....duh! ;) ,

But there's more to it; The U.S. '05 came out in very early '04 (late February, or early March), in fact it was a model year '04 in Europe.

That said, I haven't heard of any liabilities with the '04 compared to the prior years....just fewer of 'em.

Note: The Euro was WAY up against the dollar during the '04 model year run in the U.S. and I would expect that had an impact on the number of units brought in for sale (as opposed to the new '05) as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts