BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm taking the plunge and doing a major service to my new to me LT this Winter. Plugs, wires, fuel line connectors, Air & Fuel filters, all fluids, shock rebuild, fork seals, tires, windshield, HID headlight, and anything else I find loose or broken.
To make a long story short, all of the plastic from the panniers forward is now off and I am ready to begin. After removing the right side,I saw this connector that was not connected to anything.
Any idea what it might be?
Thanks in advance.
Gary

Attachments

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Looks Like the plug for a power socket.
There will be one just like it on the left side.
Your bike MAY NOT have the socket in the right lower faring but the bike is PREWIRED for it.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
katnapinn said:
Looks Like the plug for a power socket.
There will be one just like it on the left side.
Your bike MAY NOT have the socket in the right lower faring but the bike is PREWIRED for it.
What he said... I have the same thing, but no socket.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yup, Power socket plug for the right side lower fairing. Mirrors the left side that comes with a factory installed one in the fairing.

* Used my right side for 12V power feeding a pair of switched fog lights.

·
Cat Herder
1,456 Posts
drill out the right side lower plastic and ad another power socket. You will need it at some point it your adventures... Use only the BMW plug.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! You guys are amazing!
I'm sure I'll be asking for lots of advice over the next couple of months.
This is the most extensive teardown, (on the most sophisticated bike), I have ever done, but I know I will feel a lot better next riding season knowing that everything has been serviced and checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts