BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a search on facebook for K1200LT and came across this...It apparently is an LCD display for the LT, looks like aftermarket, including an upgrade for the radio module. I don't read German, so don't really know about it other than the pictures....looks pretty amazing! Here is the link..
http://wiki.bmw-bike-forum.info/index.php/PC_in_der_LT

·
Registered
65 Posts
OHHHHHHHHHHH I got to get me one of those.This is what I got from a german to english translator. What I can gather from the links at the bottom it is an on board computer that will plug into all of your OEM displays and put them on the touch screen along with a whole host of other things. Pretty slick.

It is a small compact PC 4 x of 400th verbaus, with an intelligent power supply Windows at the touch of a button shuts down or allows to go to Standbye. With a 8duty(8customs) the Touchdisplay what is purely inserted completely behind. Some orders go about Tastaturabgriffe I with switches(counters) has proved and also has applied my original switches in the steering wheel(in the driver). (Volume, next song herzoomen wegzoomen switch off etc) the PC the radio sits there where, actually is, fits perfectly purely. In the PC are a Navi (Garmin) in there, telephone interrogation with telephone directory and the Mediaplayer. An amplifier cares for the sound on the boxes. The whole one can be also listened about Bluetooth in the helmet. Is planned farther to construct W Lan network connection, for the driving bike.

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Google Chrome translates all of it. Sweet....

Technical data

The PC performs the following values:
Water temperature
Oil temperature
Topceseinnentemperatur
Geschwindigleit
Speed
Radio Multiswitches
As a PC was used:
Compact PC 4 x 400
Intel Desktop Board Essential ATA 100/66 dual core atom processor with 2 GB Ram.
Intelligent Power Supply
Windows XP and the software from Garmin
As a monitor was used:
8 inch touch screen monitor is splash protected from the front and covered from above

·
Registered
83 Posts
any translation on how much it is and where it can be purchased?

·
Registered
65 Posts
PastorSteve said:
any translation on how much it is and where it can be purchased?

All I could find is in Euros the display was 279.00eu. I dont know about the brains and harness. Here is the link that I found.

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/gl/17

·
Registered
530 Posts
oooooooooooooooh....gotta get me one!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Lafirecapt said:
All I could find is in Euros the display was 279.00eu. I dont know about the brains and harness. Here is the link that I found.

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/gl/17
I'd be a little concerned about that display. The article mentions that it's "8 inch touch screen monitor is splash protected from the front and covered from above."

NOT waterproof! I wouldn't expect this display to last very long...

From what I can read on the link to the board, he's using this: http://www.e-develop.gr/downloads/1224323977320096.pdf

Not sure on the enclosure, but there are many Mini-ITX boxes that would fit where the radio lives (here's just one Google has led me to: http://www.short-circuit.com/product/voompc-2.html).

·
Registered
929 Posts
:corn:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yeah Dan! Kinda........

I think I may have found out where griffscoots is hangin' out -Tastaturabgriffe which is where some of the orders apparently go through. See text

The technique

It is a small compact PC 4 x 400-sheeting, with an intelligent power supply that shuts down Windows by pressing a button, or go into standby can. With a touch display 8Zoll what will be built at the back clean. Some orders go through Tastaturabgriffe which I covered with switches and have used my original switch on the handlebars. (Turn off volume, zoom out herzoomen next song, etc.) The PC is sitting where the radio is actually fits perfectly clean. In the PC are a navigation system (Garmin) in there, telephone directory and query with the Media Player. This amp provides the sound on the speakers. This can all be monitored via Bluetooth to the helmet. Next planned a wireless network connection is set up, traveling for the bike.

DanDiver said:
Google Chrome translates all of it. Sweet....

Technical data

The PC performs the following values:
Water temperature
Oil temperature
Topceseinnentemperatur
Geschwindigleit
Speed
Radio Multiswitches
As a PC was used:
Compact PC 4 x 400
Intel Desktop Board Essential ATA 100/66 dual core atom processor with 2 GB Ram.
Intelligent Power Supply
Windows XP and the software from Garmin
As a monitor was used:
8 inch touch screen monitor is splash protected from the front and covered from above

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya Know, I was looking at the photos of the computer install on the website, and I really think that this is a "photoshop" install. If you look at the different photos of the screen, in one it looks to be very close to the dash light, in another it seems to be farther away, in one it looks like the upper corners of the screen are actually tucked into the curvature of the dash, and in another, it is way clear of the curve.....Interesting concept, but I would really wonder about the ability to integrate the bikes systems, speed, tach etc into a computer....... :confused:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looks like we have a race! Who will win! Looks like the germans have pulled out to an early lead but Cohesive Technology close behind with a working prototype and extra features.

Who will be first to the US market? Who will have the best system?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
jwacree said:
Looks like we have a race! Who will win! Looks like the germans have pulled out to an early lead but Cohesive Technology close behind with a working prototype and extra features.

Who will be first to the US market? Who will have the best system?

:worthless

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can hunt and peck type, don't know nuttin bout no pic

sorry

·
Registered
929 Posts
casualemt said:
Ya Know, I was looking at the photos of the computer install on the website, and I really think that this is a "photoshop" install. If you look at the different photos of the screen, in one it looks to be very close to the dash light, in another it seems to be farther away, in one it looks like the upper corners of the screen are actually tucked into the curvature of the dash, and in another, it is way clear of the curve.....Interesting concept, but I would really wonder about the ability to integrate the bikes systems, speed, tach etc into a computer....... :confused:
I have to agree--wouldn't it take some sort of special softwear? Or is it possible it can just be plug and play?

One thing is certain...this should have been done a long time ago to set apart the BMW class from the rest...and I for one would love to install something like this. :thumb:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Code:
One thing is certain...this should have been done a long time ago to set apart the BMW class from the rest...and I for one would love to install something like this
Well, a great deal of the scientific advancements today, especially space stuff was inspired by science fiction....Here is an idea that I am positive there is sufficient technology available to actually make this computerized all in one screen. Yes, it would definately be "Tre Cool!" :cool: I for one would only want it if it was an aftermarket replacement, because it would be made from more inexpensive and readily available stuff, not some BMW branded high priced sealed in a box have to replace the whole unit affair....

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
jwacree said:
I can hunt and peck type, don't know nuttin bout no pic

sorry
Sorry Johnny.........I were sorta' baitin' Cohesive..........this guy's been werkin' sorta' hard on sumpin' an' I'm curriouse.................. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Palerider said:
Sorry Johnny.........I were sorta' baitin' Cohesive..........this guy's been werkin' sorta' hard on sumpin' an' I'm curriouse.................. :D
no problem, your right, I'd like to know what sort of display he has planed also.

many many great ideas never get off the ground, but I hope they do.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
casualemt said:
Right on:

Reading the German version carefully...this is a concept not a functioning setup. A lot of speculation on how the TÜV (the German approval authority that is far more anal than DOT) might look at it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts