BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

I decided to start to do the "fix it before it breaks" change and at the same time might as well do the canisterectomy on the bike ( 2005 lt).

Started to take the top case off, most of the wires came off no problem except for the one in the picture. I don't see how it come apart, and it goes from the top case to around the canister and under to what I think is the rear lights.

I looked at it, but can not see how to disconnect at this plug or follow it around the canister.

Any suggestions??

Let me know what its for and how to remove!!!

Thanks all.
Bowdon( frustrating!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It comes apart in the very center........you may need to spray a little WD40 or other penetrant on it but it will separate.......It goes to the seat heat on the rear seat, (I think),.........Jim

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Palerider said:
It comes apart in the very center........you may need to spray a little WD40 or other penetrant on it but it will separate.......It goes to the seat heat on the rear seat, (I think),.........Jim

Jim;

This is not the rear seat heat switch. This is a bigger clip just if front of the rear seat ( already disconnected and removed seat).

It looks like a connector for the rear lights which maybe goes to the light in the top trunk or the electronic trunk lock) not sure, but I will try the wd-40 thing to see. Does not look like it splits in the middle.

Things came off way to easy, except for this connection.

Thanks for the reply,
Bowdon

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got it apart.

As suggested, put some wd-40 on it and once it was cleaned, there is a little pin type button you push and the small from piece come out.

Here is a picture ( for others who decide to do the trunk kit) of what it looks like apart.

Regards,
Bowdon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Thanx Bowdon...........was looking at the Clymers manual and trying to see in your photo if the green wire had the purple stripe.........the Clymer's shows that to the seat heat on 2001 and newer............that's really all I had to go on.........glad it came apart..........B-Safe.....Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts