BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While removing my Ohlin's shocks today , I came across a wire that I have no idea what it is or where it may need to be connected. Lt runs fine and everything seems to be working. It comes out of the main wire bundle on the alternator? Short of going to the dealer tomorrow to find out what it could be I thought I would search the forum for someone with higher wisdom. Any one know?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
oknplm said:
While removing my Ohlin's shocks today , I came across a wire that I have no idea what it is or where it may need to be connected. Lt runs fine and everything seems to be working. It comes out of the main wire bundle on the alternator? Short of going to the dealer tomorrow to find out what it could be I thought I would search the forum for someone with higher wisdom. Any one know?
That sure looks like one of 2 wires connected to the three phase generator. That wire attaches to a plastic covered spade fitting on the generator left side.. Try to pull the spade fitting from the generator and recrimp and fit. If this is the same wire I think it is your bike charging light should be on. Good luck that is a tight area to work in.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were right on. Stopped by dealer to get a fuse block and they confirmed what you said. Thanks for the information.

Perry

murray said:
That sure looks like one of 2 wires connected to the three phase generator. That wire attaches to a plastic covered spade fitting on the generator left side.. Try to pull the spade fitting from the generator and recrimp and fit. If this is the same wire I think it is your bike charging light should be on. Good luck that is a tight area to work in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts