BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally putting the bike back together after doing a 12k+ service. The bike had no service history so I pretty much did everything. Unfortunately I have had limited time and it has taken me a couple months to get it back together. It definitely adds the challenge when I can't remember the details of taking it apart. 🙂 I have come across a pug on the right side, in front of the foot pegs. It is zip tied with the clutch bleeder. It looks like the one that plugs into the power port on the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Right side near the fuel pump hoses is a spare always hot connector for an additional powerlet plug that is not installed as OEM equipment. It is often confused with the fuel pump plug which is the same connector only it is not switched so if you get it wrong, your fuel pump runs all the time and backwards as the powerlet plug is wired backwards from the fuel pump plug. Bike will not run with that conector on the fuel pump.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right side near the fuel pump hoses is a spare always hot connector for an additional powerlet plug that is not installed as OEM equipment. It is often confused with the fuel pump plug which is the same connector only it is not switched so if you get it wrong, your fuel pump runs all the time and backwards as the powerlet plug is wired backwards from the fuel pump plug. Bike will not run with that conector on the fuel pump.
Good to know, thank you. I test fired the bike after I got the tank back on so I should be good. I will just tape this one up and get it out of the way.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
1 - 3 of 3 Posts