BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
It looks like the BMW com system. You should also have one on the backrest next to the aux electric port. What year is your LT? Also, take a picture of the unit located inside the top cover and we can tell you more.

·
Registered
697 Posts
It looks like the BMW com system. You should also have one on the backrest next to the aux electric port. What year is your LT? Also, take a picture of the unit located inside the top cover and we can tell you more.
I agree, definately a com system. I can't say I have ever seen the port located in that position though. Usually mounted on the flat surface to the left of the radio/oddiments box.

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Anybody want to venture a guess as to what this plug is in my dash, to the left of the computer?
That is where the wired helmet headset plugs in. Might also be one on the front left side of the top case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that sounds like it then, as there is another port like you describe on the backrest. I don’t still have the electronics in the stingray. They were removed before I bought the bike so that is one big glove box with a marine radio on the top. I’ll have to put a power plug there or something. Mine is a 2003.

Now for the bonus prize: anybody wanna identify what this LED could be over on the right side of my dash under the headlight adjuster?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Well that sounds like it then, as there is another port like you describe on the backrest. I don’t still have the electronics in the stingray. They were removed before I bought the bike so that is one big glove box with a marine radio on the top. I’ll have to put a power plug there or something. Mine is a 2003.

Now for the bonus prize: anybody wanna identify what this LED could be over on the right side of my dash under the headlight adjuster?
Do you have driving lights? Does it flash if you hit the turn signal cancel button a couple times quickly? I added a devices years ago that allows you to turn on a device using the cancel button, but I never ended up using it. It came with an LED to show its status. I forget what it was called.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, no driving lights. Honestly I can’t remember it ever flashing. I’ll play with the controls and see if I can get it to do anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, if it's for an alarm system I have no idea how it's activated, and have seen no other evidence of it. But that is a good a guess as any. I've had the bike for 4+ years. Prob should've asked these questions a while ago! Too busy enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is for the alarm. Flashes to let you (and everyone else) know it’s armed. Alarm is armed and deactivated with a key FOB.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
It could be a fake alarm. It would not be the first time someone has connected a fake flashing light to ward off someone stealing a 800 pound bike (lol).

·
Registered
165 Posts
The LED alarm indicator light on my 03 model is in the same location.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts