BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this unconnected wen I took the gas tank off.
It is red with a yellow strip and brown ground.
It is not the fuel pump ( green )
and the rear brake light is also working. I don not see any other connectors in this area.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
and the rear brake light is also working. I don not see any other connectors in this area.

Any ideas?
I think it may be an unused power port connector for the right side of the bike. Mine has one dangling in the same place because I only have a left-side power port in use. If I check schematics I should be able to verify the color code.
Edit: Yup, Red w/Yellow trace should be the power ports. Fuse Box #2, fuse #7, (15A)
You can just let it dangle unused unless you want to install a right-side power port.
Bob

Reactions: tvguy

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

Any ideas?

On the right side just below the fuel lines, there is a unused plug. As want2tour said, it is for a secondary power plug option on that side. Be careful though as it is physically the same plug as the fuel pump connection on the bottom of the tank but it is always on and wired backwards to the fuel pump connection. Put a tag on it so if you pull the tank, you put the right connection back on. Your bike will not run with that connected to the fuel pump. Runs all the time and backwards.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
On the right side just below the fuel lines, there is a unused plug. As want2tour said, it is for a secondary power plug option on that side. Be careful though as it is physically the same plug as the fuel pump connection on the bottom of the tank but it is always on and wired backwards to the fuel pump connection. Put a tag on it so if you pull the tank, you put the right connection back on. Your bike will not run with that connected to the fuel pump. Runs all the time and backwards.
It is not unused on my LT. :grin:

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
343 Posts
I saw the same plug when reinstalling the right side Tupperware. For you guys that use it, what are you powering?

Rob, 2000 LT
Navarre, FL

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I use the right side powerlet plug for the trickle charger. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts