BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for opinions for a Bluetooth for my Shoei helmet.

Thank you.

Dan

·
Registered
599 Posts
I use a Sena 30 K and some of my friends have them as well. It gives you your phone and GPS directions straight to your headset. It also comes with its own built in FM radio.
Battery life is pretty good and I have never run out of battery while riding for most of the day. It's great to be able to talk to your riding buddies through the mesh system which in ideal conditions can have you talking up to a kilometer apart.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I use a Cardo Scala Rider...not because it was the best, cheapest, or easiest to use but because it was what my riding buddies had purchased. Up until that time, I had never used any type of helmet radio. Therefore, my main concern was to go with what was most familiar to our group and gave me the best option of compatibility in being able to communicate with my friends...which is the main goal...right?

As far as I know, all major type radios offer the ability to connect with other Bluetooth compatible devices. As technology moves ahead (newer models), how they connect, and the learning curve to operate them is the variable.

My suggestion would be to get together with your predominant riding group (if you have one) and do your best to agree on what's best for the group in terms of connectivity and performance. I do a good bit of riding alone, but when we do get together, the ability to communicate as we ride makes for a much higher level of experience than possible only a few years back.:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts