BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
My different final drive gear ratios. I now have every gear ratio in stock that was made for the LT style FD except for a 3.22 & that was only available in Europe. I'll have that ratio later this year. I just installed my 2.91 gear FD for my trip to Florida in a few weeks.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My different final drive gear ratios. I now have every gear ratio in stock that was made for the LT style FD except for a 3.22 & that was only available in Europe. I'll have that ratio later this year. I just installed my 2.91 gear FD for my trip to Florida in a few weeks.
Hey Dave!
While I'm thinking about things I didn't know I needed, but decided I wanted because of this site, how about sending me one of your re-geared final drives? Not too low so it doesn't kill the mpg, but gives a little more grunt.
PM Sent.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's a toss up Btwn HID light or Russell seat.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I'll take a different tack and say the BMW Performance Rider's School (pick your favorite skills course). Confidence to handle the 'truck'--priceless.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Rick Mayer Seat and my homemade back rest. The pair working together have saved my but and shoulders from great amounts of pain. HID and Hyway pegs would be next.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Doing a lot this winter, but I will bet it will end up being HID. That is the worst headlight I ever had on a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
The last upgrade I've done to my K1200LT was a Russell seat (used). Funny thing is, that's the first thing I should have done. It makes this great touring machine a comfortable touring machine, for me. No excuse why I didn't do this first.

I put 120K on an '05 LT and 40k on an '09 LT before doing the seat. In hindsight that was just dumb... everything else is great for convenience, conspicuity, safety, etc., but the seat is the basic interface between rider and machine!

Reactions: pepolis and JNW003

·
Registered
679 Posts
Cup Holder!!!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
In Order

1. HID headlight
2. Mic o pegs
3. Motolights
4. GPS (for accurate speed)
5. Stock seat is fine-135K miles
6. Original windshield in great shape

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hmmm. Right now probably the Motolights. Or the upgraded Radio?? I'll agree with hschisler. I should upgrade the seat to a Russell.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Best upgrades I've done, in order are:

1. Russell seat and backrest
2. PIAA lights & AS-7 switch (mostly for conspicuity)
3. "fix it before it breaks" latch kit (so I don't have to worry about it breaking in the middle of nowhere)
4. Yacugar shocks
5. Centech AP-2 Fuse panel
6. BMR luggage rack
7. Veskimo cooling vest (great for mid-summer rides across the desert and beats evaporative cooling vests hands down)
8. Kathy's saddlebag liners and topcase rack expandable bag

Once I install the Speigler brake lines that I got at CCR last summer, they'll be inserted on this list somewhere after the Russell seat. :bmw:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts