BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 K1200GT, I dont see much discussion here about K1200GT first gen bikes. Wondering if there is another forum that is more focused on the 2003-2005 K1200GT bikes?

Brian in Austin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brian, I can't tell you that there is any forum that is focused on The K1200GT from the years 2003-04 (the 05 was a major model change). I attended the BMW International Rally in Redmond a few years back, on my 2003 K1200GT and I was one of three people on an 03-04 GT out of 7,000 BMW's. Our BMW model is not very common, and there are not many around. It's a great motorcycle. I have over 75K on mine. Hope that you enjoy your GT.
Elliot
Sacramento, CA

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elliotandy said:
Brian, I can't tell you that there is any forum that is focused on The K1200GT from the years 2003-04 (the 05 was a major model change). I attended the BMW International Rally in Redmond a few years back, on my 2003 K1200GT and I was one of three people on an 03-04 GT out of 7,000 BMW's. Our BMW model is not very common, and there are not many around. It's a great motorcycle. I have over 75K on mine. Hope that you enjoy your GT.
Elliot
Sacramento, CA
I rode up to Redmond From Dallas on my RT for that Rally after hitting the Top of the Rockies Rally in Paonia. Lots of great riding on that trip. Particularly enjoyed all of the Utah Canyon Lands..............constant flip-flopping of the bike with curve after curve,.............all day.

The two bikes I remember most from that Rally were curiously, a K1200RS with an R1100RT nose on it,................and a custom Red Ariel Square 4. Failed to get a picture of that bike. Any chance you got one (the Ariel)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have a look at I-BMW as well. They have a pretty big, active forum for older K-bikes

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
This was a 2 year old thread, but anyhow...
k-bikes & I-BMW are the good sites for the 2003-2005 RS/GT.
Some smart guys over there (just like here), Sailor in particular is very helpful and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2003 K1200GT new and have never ridden it much. I've got 15,000 miles on it in 15 years.
Never known or met anybody who has one. (and I have 8 other BMW's !!)
Anybody know how to check the coolant level?? (I'm also an idiot!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts