BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to bleed my front brakes but ran into something I've not seen before. This would be on the right calipher of a 2000 LTC and the item in question is where I normally see a bleeder valve. Here is a link: http://picasaweb.google.com/johcar44/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIXjrc-TsMmmiQE#5556993922871033426

Now you can take a allen set screw out of the top of it, but the rest of it still does not move. If you know what this is, please let me know.

Thanks and Have a Happy New Year!

tcars
John

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I have a 2005, but that looks like the bolt that holds the brake line to the caplier.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it is not the bolt that holds the brake line as that is behind the part in question, but I agree, it does look like it is as you say. Guess I needed to have a different angle for the picture.

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
John,

This is what the top of the 2005 looks like, and the bleed is right in front of the brake line connecting to brake. (right side)

Not sure this helps?

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
JCarver said:
I started to bleed my front brakes but ran into something I've not seen before. This would be on the right calipher of a 2000 LTC and the item in question is where I normally see a bleeder valve. Here is a link: http://picasaweb.google.com/johcar44/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIXjrc-TsMmmiQE#5556993922871033426

Now you can take a allen set screw out of the top of it, but the rest of it still does not move. If you know what this is, please let me know.

Thanks and Have a Happy New Year!

tcars
John
I believe that is were you would put in a speed bleeder or bleed nipple. You might want to go to one of the BMW dealer sites that has the parts fiche & take a look to confirm. I would say that under the allen screw you might find a small ball that is spring loaded, similar to what you find on the clutch bleed (at least on my 2006 LT).

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John, now to find a bleeder valve in this one horse town. :) It'll be by mail, so it will be much later. Thanks again!

tcars
John

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
John, I think that is the special fitting the factory used to fill the brake system. Your clutch has the same fitting. I removed mine completely and installed Speed Bleeders, front, rear, and clutch. No more worries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts