BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE:
Monday evening, at 8:30PM, headed southbound on the Maine Turnpike.

Conditions:
several hours of Snow/freezing rain mix, with 4+ inches of accumulated crap on the driving surface. it is a 3 lane road, and I was only driving in 1. I was in my Avalanche, in 4WD. yup, it was slicker that deer shit on a door knob!...

What we saw:
An '05, or '06 K1200 LT (Graphite) in the breakdown lane, on the sidestand, in 4-5 inches of snow, 2 state cop cars with their lights on, and a white cargo van.....oh shit!

I was traveling south, doing a maximum of 45MPH, ad the 2 cruisers had their lights on. the bike was near a guard rail, and the van was in front.

from my perspective, it appeared the K12 was attempting to "beat the storm", and got busted. I am totally in awe of this stupid bastard. he drove 30 miles or more in standing snow/freezing rain, on a turnpike. The van driver was obviously a Good Samaritan, who had no freaking idea how much this pig weighs. No ramps, and they were looking at lifting it into the back! :confused:

Ouch! can we say, "Call my chiropractor!!" :cool:

the bike was gone when I came back through 2 hours later (with 6+ inches of snow)

damn, he must have had some big brass one to even attempt that stunt. :bmw:

-M

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
mconlogue said:
I was traveling south, doing a maximum of 45MPH, ad the 2 cruisers had their lights on. the bike was near a guard rail, and the van was in front.

the bike was gone when I came back through 2 hours later (with 6+ inches of snow)

-M
Maybe he rode it home! Dodging all the cagers. :D
No one lives forever
Rock

·
Registered
121 Posts
RTs, not LTs

Sorry Hoodoorum, it was RTs not LTs that got washed up onthe beach, if it was LTs would i be sitting here!!, no i would be on the beach.
Stevie

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you sure the LT didnt stop to help the van? :D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
BallsCasten said:
Are you sure the LT didnt stop to help the van? :D
That was my first thought, or the guys old lady called the cops to try and stop him.
My ex wifes first experience with me was a New Years eve party on leaving she said we could take her car. :histerica I told her you can ride with me, you can follow me in your car but I'm not riding in it or leaving my bike.
25 miles through a white out snowstorm, (she brings this up when ever she talks about our relationship) I turn around beard covered in ice and snow with an ear to ear grin! :D . She admits that "thinking back I knew right then, there was no house breaking you and should have run for my life :eek: "

I just tell them now from the start, don't try to fix me, I'm not broken. I like being this way, living like tomorrow never comes, one day it won't.
Rock

·
Registered
351 Posts
GT.s and RT,s and the new G650x moto washed up on the beach , all destined for South Africa according to my dealer.

regards bikenumbnuts.
04 your 05 in graphite.
in blighty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts