BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Spring I bought what was supposed to be a 2004 LT
It's grey and has 11,000 kms on it. The price was $8,000 CAD and it is mint. I love the bike and know I got a great deal but.............
When I read reviews about the 2004 it never mentions the grey colour and says it has a power center stand and mine doesn't. The manuals make no mention of the model year. Is it possible it's not a 2004? How can I tell?
Tnx
Wayne

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Wayne,
Look under your seat on the right side of the frame. As you look down, the VIN infor faces up. Tire sizes and pressures are there along with the month and year of manufacture. I'm not exactly sure of the cut-off, but the next MY are built starting in Aug. or Sept.

IIRC, the electro-hydraulic centerstands began with the '05 MY.

HTH

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
waynejones said:
Last Spring I bought what was supposed to be a 2004 LT
It's grey and has 11,000 kms on it. The price was $8,000 CAD and it is mint. I love the bike and know I got a great deal but.............
When I read reviews about the 2004 it never mentions the grey colour and says it has a power center stand and mine doesn't. The manuals make no mention of the model year. Is it possible it's not a 2004? How can I tell?
Tnx
Wayne
Not sure if this thread will help you, Wayne, but take a look here. I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but I suspect it's darn close. HTH.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Recently had a few tupperware pieces off and discovered date stamps on a few. Also under the seat there is a sticker with vin and other info. I am sure there is a code as to the date of manufacture.

An expert on this site will let you know.

Ride on,

BP
2000 LT canyon red

·
Registered
938 Posts
You are probably reading about a 2004 over the big pond. They got the redesigned LT a year before we did, thus it saying it should have a electro-hydraulic center stand

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Put the last 7 digits of your VIN number in here .
It will give you the manufacture date, along with some other info....
cheers
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts