BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a 2005 LT on the spur of the moment because it seemed like a good idea at the time... Thought i got a great deal.. $3750 for a bike with 20,000 miles. It had been sitting for a while... but she started up ran good so i rode it home.

First it feels like a hardtail with no shocks... I have read all about replacing the shocks with aftermarket... damn expensive... also read about topping up the oil in the adjuster line... I think i will try that first. Is there similar maintenance to do to the front shock?

I am 6'1" but this thing has the seat height of a scooter. Is that normal? I have both feet flat on the ground with my knees bent when stopped. Seems like lots of folks have trouble with the height... Mine seems short...

So far the bike is OK... i expected more power... but maybe just a tune up is needed.

Been many years since i have owned a bike and i am looking forward to riding this beast. Looking forward to sharing more on the forum in the future

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
WELCOME

Start searching around this site for more info than you'll ever need.
You need to run the bike in the 4,000 rpm range for the sweet performance you desire.
The seat can be raised by a flip found under the seat. (many of us got rebuilt custom aftermarket seats)
I think the 05 had the adjustable hydraulic rear shock.
I believe the HP increased in 2005, someone will correct me if wrong.
For what you paid you can put a few bucks into AND HAVE A GREAT ride.

DO NOT STOP USING THE FRONT BRAKE WITH THE WHEEL SLIGHTLY TURNED! (unless you want to experiance how truly heavy she is)

I really loved our 2006 bought new and traded w about 100K on it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: WELCOME

Welcome to the bike and the forum! What kind of bikes did you ride in the past?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the bike and the forum! What kind of bikes did you ride in the past?
All way back to highscool tx500 then gpz750 then Suzuki gs750es got off the street for about 20 Years with yz426 then road borrowed Hds victory and Ducati multistrada. ...the bmw is the first bile owned in a while... I read lots of good things so hopefully it starts to shine soon... it sat a long time so it may just need to be gone through a
bit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts