BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Positive:

I stopped by my local BMW dealership yesterday to schedule my 24,000-mile service, brake and clutch bleed. By the time I left I was the owner of a new 2005 LT. The "2003 Silberner Wolf" has moved on and I will be picking up the yet unnamed new LT next week. The only holdup is waiting for them to install the Ohlins, Floorboards, Moto Lights, Nav II GPS, Communications system and miscellaneous prep.

The Negative:

Felt kind of strange going to the garage this evening. I saw an empty space and our old friend gone. Makes you wonder how you can become so attached to an inanimate object. Only hope the new ride is every bit as reliable as the “Silberner Wolf” has been.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had no intent yesterday on buying a new LT. The numbers just feel in line so I moved on it. End of year opportunity, a few incentives, etc. The last three motorcyles I have owned had about a two year term each. I usually either drive them till they drop or turn them over before they lose too much value. It just felt strange getting rid of a bike I really liked and treated me well. But when opportunity knocks you just have to open the door

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
96 Posts
$$$

Would it be rude of me to ask, but you mentioned some year-end "incentives" on buy the new bike. Just curious as the "range" of the final sale price??? I promise not to tell mommy. :) Thanks ~

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
congrats

Perry,
Congrats on the new bike. When it feels right sometimes you just have to do it! Did you get it at BMW of Atlanta?

oknplm said:
The Positive:

I stopped by my local BMW dealership yesterday to schedule my 24,000-mile service, brake and clutch bleed. By the time I left I was the owner of a new 2005 LT. The "2003 Silberner Wolf" has moved on and I will be picking up the yet unnamed new LT next week. The only holdup is waiting for them to install the Ohlins, Floorboards, Moto Lights, Nav II GPS, Communications system and miscellaneous prep.

The Negative:

Felt kind of strange going to the garage this evening. I saw an empty space and our old friend gone. Makes you wonder how you can become so attached to an inanimate object. Only hope the new ride is every bit as reliable as the “Silberner Wolf” has been.

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
There's a tech session Saturday

oknplm said:
The Positive:

The Negative:

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
Hey Perry, If it's ready on Saturday, why don't you drop by John Rehder's place. There's a tech session going on and we can all drool over your new toy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I think that you will soon grow very attached to upgraded features on the '05. Before you know it you will be wondering how did I ever live without any of them. Ride safe, but ride often.
BTW, I love my '05

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, I did get it at BMW of Atlanta. And to Steve's question I will not pick it up till next week, due to some of the accessories having to be ordered in. To "jnantnan" question, Dealers are trying to move the 05's before the end of the year (opportunity) and to make room for the 06's. I received a very generous trade-in on my 03 LTE. It had been immaculately maintained, bought and all maintenance done at this dealership. I was also given additional savings on all the accessories I am installing.

A number of the senior members in this forum have talked about the importance of maintaining a good working relationship with your local BMW dealer. I personally think in the long run its pays off for both the customer and dealer. In this situation I actually dealt directly with the owner rather than through one of the sales people. Can't say this had additional benefits but it definitely did not hurt me.

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike. I'm sure you'll be happy you made the move. I'm truly enjoying my "new to me" used '05. It's a real step up the ladder from my '99. However, like you I still occasionally miss the old one. I guess after sitting in it's saddle for almost 94,000 you become sort of attached to it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Perry - just sent you a PM.
Congrats on the new bike!
I hope you're not too busy at work to be able to ride it.
Regards,
Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts