BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a hole in the panel, on the right side, just under the passenger's radio controls. What is supposed to be there?

Thanks!

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Not sure but it may be the spot where the accessory plug is or was? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
exactly right.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I do not have a hole on the right side of my 00LT. I have two accessory plugs on the left side.

Probably would help if you posted a picture and the size of the hole. Probably some type of accessory. I am getting ready to mount a 12V accessory plug there if it will fit.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
KIC said:
I am getting ready to mount a 12V accessory plug there if it will fit.
I never use the accessory socket on the LHS of the front of the top case, but what I have fitted (and use all the time) is a 'cigarette lighter' socket INSIDE the top box - ideal for phone/camera/camcorder/ etc. etc charging.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't get a pic of it at the moment, but the hole is about 12mm. It does not appear anything had been in there, there are no marks at all around it. I have two DC plugs on the left side. Just going to find something plug it up. Just curious.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yechave said:
There is a hole in the panel, on the right side, just under the passenger's radio controls. What is supposed to be there?

Thanks!
Another possibility. If you have an LT "E", the hole might have been for a passenger push to talk button that was removed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hole

jhsonderb is right on. I have a 03 LTE. that hole is where the (ptt) push to talk button is. so the pass. can talk on the C.B.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We don't have any COM system on the bike, so I guess the cover was just missing. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
"What goes in this hole?"

You know I asked my first girlfriend that same question and got the snot slapped out of me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hmmm....

So...from your screen name...can we guess you never got the answer to the question? :histerica (just kidding) :rotf:

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
You kidding! I have been afraid to ask any one else. :histerica

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a passenger PTT (or what the BMW part number is)? Also, any info on wiring this would be much appreciated. My dealer doesn't seem to know. Go figure!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
BMWprofessor said:
Does anyone know where I can get a passenger PTT (or what the BMW part number is)? Also, any info on wiring this would be much appreciated. My dealer doesn't seem to know. Go figure!

Not sure if this is the current number but the commsys manual said:

99 99 0 000 193 ComSystem - PTT Front & Rear

Ron

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I plugged that hole with a round headed piece of rubber I just happened to find laying around. Keeps the water out and looks like it belongs there. It was for the PTT. This bike did not have that, and wondered why anyone would have left the hole?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts