BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many conflicting stories about what fits.
I have always used Me880 160/70 B17 79V Marathon. Must I use this?
Or would METZELER 160/70B-17 M/C 73V LASERTEC work as well? (much cheaper)
Or others?
I am less ignorant than i was, but still ignorant. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
You're not the only one sadly it appears there are few choices when it comes to tires on the LT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
I have just placed an order for new tires for my 04/03 LTs:

Products Ordered:
---------------------------
Part #: PAR_110-10447
Name: METZELER ME 880 Street Motorcycle Tires MARATHON FRONT 120/70-17
Quantity: 1
Price/Each: $103.99

Part #: PAR_110-10448
Name: METZELER ME 880 Street Motorcycle Tires MARATHON REAR 160/70VB-17
Quantity: 1
Price/Each: $175.99



jorgensen said:
I have heard many conflicting stories about what fits.
I have always used Me880 160/70 B17 79V Marathon. Must I use this?
Or would METZELER 160/70B-17 M/C 73V LASERTEC work as well? (much cheaper)
Or others?
I am less ignorant than i was, but still ignorant. Thanks
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
jorgensen said:
I have heard many conflicting stories about what fits.
I have always used Me880 160/70 B17 79V Marathon. Must I use this?
Or would METZELER 160/70B-17 M/C 73V LASERTEC work as well? (much cheaper)
Or others?
I am less ignorant than i was, but still ignorant. Thanks
The "73V" will not work as it is not load rated high enough for the LT It must be "79V"

Also Matt where did you find your tires? That is a great price for Metz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Bridgestone BT020 120/70VB17 K1200lt Front

Bridgestone BT020 160/70VB17 K1200lt Rear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
katnapinn said:
The "73V" will not work as it is not load rated high enough for the LT It must be "79V"

Also Matt where did you find your tires? That is a great price for Metz.
Thanks for y'alls help. I feared that 73 load wouldnt work. I guess I'll keep paying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
If you might consider the Bridgestone BT020 120/70VB17 K1200lt Front and Bridgestone BT020 160/70VB17 K1200lt for the Rear, I think you will get a fine handling tire for both the ride and wear that has performed well on my 05' ..
Contact southwest moto (http://www.swmototires.com) for a current price, they have been more than fair and quick for me in the past. Last I checked here were the prices..
Bridgestone BT020 120/70VB17 K1200lt
Code: 301074
Price: $104.95
Bridgestone BT020 160/70VB17 K1200lt
Code: 301075
Price: $130.95
I am sure there are other places to purchase them., but they have been good to work with, so why not share the info.

billd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
billd said:
If you might consider the Bridgestone BT020 120/70VB17 K1200lt Front and Bridgestone BT020 160/70VB17 K1200lt for the Rear, I think you will get a fine handling tire for both the ride and wear that has performed well on my 05' ..
Contact southwest moto (http://www.swmototires.com) for a current price, they have been more than fair and quick for me in the past. Last I checked here were the prices..
Bridgestone BT020 120/70VB17 K1200lt
Code: 301074
Price: $104.95
Bridgestone BT020 160/70VB17 K1200lt
Code: 301075
Price: $130.95
I am sure there are other places to purchase them., but they have been good to work with, so why not share the info.

billd
Thanks, what a great forum. Maybe I can contribute useful info some day.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top