BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the complete upper fairing off the bike to raise the handlebars. I saw mention of updated throttle cables elsewhere. Should I go ahead and do any other maintenance Like the throttle cables while I have the upper fairing panels off?

Brian in Austin

·
Registered
247 Posts
Amen to all of that. Want a brand new BMW K1200LT? Change those dern cables. You'll see what I mean!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
DaveDragon said:
Air Filter (under the tank) and Fuel Filter (on the sending unit inside the tank).
Throttle Cables with 2005 throttle update.
Clean all connectors apply Dielectric Grease to same under the radio stingray.
Spark Plugs if needed.

Probably a few others I'm overlooking.
Add metal quick disconnects at the fuel tank disconnect fittings.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good info!

·
Registered
457 Posts
wildwestrider said:
I've got the complete upper fairing off the bike to raise the handlebars. I saw mention of updated throttle cables elsewhere. Should I go ahead and do any other maintenance Like the throttle cables while I have the upper fairing panels off?

Brian in Austin
Just go ahead and take the rest of it apart. I started this about 2 weeks ago, with the only goal of fixing a leaking brake line. Now I am way in deeper than I wanted to get to. I did notice that my bike had oil around the #3 and #4 throttle bodies so I am in the midst of replacing the vacuum hose that was cracked and leaking. If I am not wrong about this I believe this is the crankcase vent. Just check to make sure its not leaking and if it is replace it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Headlight/parking light bulbs. I don't have it but HID might be a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts