·
Premium Member
565 Posts
What year?

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
OU812 said:
My Clymers says take it to a dealer. I would rather do it myself. Any help would be great! Thanks.
Steve
You have to use ****** sythetic super duper DOT4 fuild. Otherwise yer brakes will heat up and fail:histerica

Read that on the internet somewhere so it must be true:lol8:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ted Shred said:
You have to use ****** sythetic super duper DOT4 fuild. Otherwise yer brakes will heat up and fail:histerica

Read that on the internet somewhere so it must be true:lol8:
Ted, baby...

Ron is RIGHT you've lost it!! :histerica

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Brake Bleeding

Hi,

I think your 02 has a different brake system than my 05.

Do a search on ABS Brake Bleeding and you'll find what you seek.

WOW I feel like David Carridine on the Yellow-Book Commercials :histerica :rotf:

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
JATownsend said:
Ted, baby...

Ron is RIGHT you've lost it!! :histerica
No way man!! I've seen the light and have been saved by the AMSOIL

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bleeding Brakes

Assume you are changing fluid in the brakes, which should be done every two years. Great directions are given in the Hall of wisdom. To get there, click on Technical, HOW, maintenance, brakes. Two excellent write-ups are there, one for a pre-02 bike and one for 02 and later.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
The job will be made much easier if you get a speed bleeder bag, it is only about $6, we used them at the Munster Garage Tech-session and at the CCR Tech-session and they really make the job much quicker.

http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/

Are you talking about flushing the system or actually bleeding it. Did you replace somthing and introduce air into the system. Flushing the brakes is not too difficult, a little time consuming and I suggest that you have someone to help.

The instructions on this site in the technical section are very good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts