BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been over on Ebay looking for some service manuals for the LT and I come across these just wondering why the difference in cost?

From reading it sounds as if the first 2 are pretty the same...I know that I have read where some of you use the Clymer, but why and is it worth the extra money?
to me #3 looks like the deal....you could just print out the parts you need for the service that you are doing.

thanks

as a side got my first LT last weekend.....absolutely love it.....I'm getting to know her and she's getting use to my style....

1- CLYMER SERVICE MANUAL BMW M501 K1200RS K1200GT K1200LT...$59.00

2- BMW K1200LT K1200 LT K 1200 LT SERVICE MANUAL PAPER....$30.00

3- Complete perfect quality Service Manual for BMW K1200 LT on a CD-ROM. $7.71

Includes:

1. 452 page Main Service Manual covers the entire bike.

2. 147 page Page Supplementary Service Manual, which gives more details especially focusing on the Integral ABS system.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ordered the eBay CD when I got my '99 LT about 2 years ago. Was disappointed to see that it didn't have all that much in it and was completely devoid of any wiring diagrams or information. Basically wasted that money and time so ordered the Clymers manual - Seems it was under $40 bucks and it not only covers all the LT years, it has color coded wiring diagrams of all LT systems on the bike. For the additions I have put on the bike since getting it, I couldn't have done it without the Clymers manual.

Also it's nice to have a book right next to you if your on your back under the bike with a shop light. Easier than pulling a laptop over and paging through it.

Just my thoughts, and with others, mileage might vary.

NOTE - I've come back and edited this post for additional information purposes.

I just checked on eBay for Clymers manual for the K1200LT - Look here for a really good price of about $37 and you might get free shipping on this.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_7v5gy6l7ol_b

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
$30 will get you about 1/10th of a farkle, sometimes only 1/12th or less. Buy the Clymers. I have had thr Cltmers as well as the factory manual. Never used the factory manual.

Loren

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The $7 versions are often bootleg copies of the BMW service manual.

The Clymer's is an excellent resource, especially in conjunction with the factory manual.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Clymers is like the K1200LT's manual for Dummies and the factory's is hard to understand.

I've yet to look at a factory diagram or manual from BMW that wasn't easy to understand or something was left out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do a google search for the K1200LT BMW Service manual download. When I got my LT i googled it and found a site where I was able to download a PDF of the factory service manual and got it for free. I would still like a Clymer's but haven't had a need for one yet. Ultimately it would be best to have both so it's still worth a look for the PDF, especially if you can get it free, that's the cheapest thing you'll ever get for your LT :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.