BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have far too much stuff wired into the battery. Makes it a right pain to remove.
There must be something you guys are doing to plug all your 12v gear into.
What is it?
Cheers

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
c00k1e said:
I have far too much stuff wired into the battery. Makes it a right pain to remove.
What is it?
Cheers
I likes the Painless Fuse Block. 3 always hot circuits and 4 switched. It already has the relay, but you have to buy a small ground bus, about 4 bucks. Had one on the LT and now on the GT.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
269 Posts
+1 on the Blue Sea. Picked one up at a local marine supply store.

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts
Painless

+ 2 on the Painless Fuse Block, but with one slight mod. I use a 40 amp relay with each of mine, front and back, controlled by a switched power source. Kinda OTT really. Gives me 14 fused circuits all switched, without fear of live circuits after I switch off. Also like Griff I made up a ground block to suit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Here's a variation of David Shealey's placement of the Blue Sea fuse block. The fuse block is resting in a polycarbonate "saddle" that fits securely between the frame rails, over the battery. The rear of the "saddle" holds 6 relays, and the whole tamale is attached to the accessory harness via Packard 6-conductor connectors (2) and 2 @ Packard single conductor connectors for the battery + and -. The system is entirely self-contained, and removes in just a few seconds; the main accessory relays and fuses are in 1 place and battery access is not impeded. The low amp electronics (GPS, radar, Sirius, tire pressure monitor) are wired into a sub panel in the nose, which is energized by the "master" relay, which is one of the six on the Blue Sea/relay package.

I'm sure there are many ways to hook-up the accessories.....this has worked for me for the last 2 years.

-tom

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
c00k1e said:
What is it?
Cheers
I can't really say here what my girlfriend uses to plug her 12v gear into...but it ain't no fuse block!:p It's early....forgive me for I know not what I do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fuse blocks

2 more + for Painless. One on 03LT with 30K (deceased) and one on 05LT with 32K, all with no wiring problems. Painless is prewired, sealed and waterproof. GOOD installation instructions for the less electrically inclined (me). Got mine from Summit Racing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts