BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
681 - 700 of 731 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
96 Posts
Finally got off my lazy butt and installed the camera system.
I resemble that remark.🙄 I have a bunch of stuff like that to do, further down my eternal, never ending "to do" list.

Maybe you can post specifics about your configuration on another (tech) thread. I might want to do this myself, down the road (much further down the "to do" list 🤣😖).

·
Registered
129 Posts
@SvFiat

Install looks good but have two points you may want to consider. On the rear, do you get a glare on the lens, especially at night, from the taillights on the top and bottom? Second, is it possible for the fender to make contact with the front camera in a panic braking situation?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I got a round to putting the finishing touches on the RT today. I added a Logo Light projector which only powers up during night time hours, as you can't see it during the day, using the Hex Ez-can bus controller.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Spent the day doing another valve check...needed to replace a couple of lifters.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Rim Automotive wheel system

Engineering Font Audio equipment Machine Auto part

OH, CRAP!...Wrong Forum! This is my 2012 K1600GT...it's supposed to be posted over on different forum! ...anyway, doing a valve check is just doing a valve check, right?
Sorry Mark! (Hope you're feeling better now that you are in full summer)

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
428 Posts
I just spent the afternoon cleaning the radiators and carefully repairing stone damaged fins.
You do realise that there are radiator guards out there that stop most if not all stone damage? I paid $36.99 Australian for my pair after shopping around a bit...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
Sorry Mark! (Hope you're feeling better now that you are in full summer)
Cheers Brad, I think my body is telling me to retire..;) Will be back on the bike as soon as I can with this nice weather. 8/8ths Blue today.:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #692 ·
You do realise that there are radiator guards out there that stop most if not all stone damage? I paid $36.99 Australian for my pair after shopping around a bit...
Yes, I have viewed a few online for around $160 and there are options like the Boxflyer mod(y) however, I've not seen any for $40. I'll have keep my eye out over the break. I don't mind tinkering, so happy to spend some time fixing the fins that have held up well over the last 106,000KMs

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT
88 Posts
Look for 1250 GS guards. Currently at around $50 on eBay. That's what I have and fits perfect.
Really? so these would work? Makes sense BMW would keep as many things common as possible:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I put a new set of tires on today. Went with the Metzler 08 Interac's O spec. We'll see how these work out, the Michelin's made it to 11,000 and the front tire was really torn up and down to the wear markers while the back looked pretty good. Looks like the tire wear is going to be 2 fronts to a 1 rear. But I always install both no matter how they compare in wear.

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
428 Posts
I put a new set of tires on today. Went with the Metzler 08 Interac's O spec. We'll see how these work out, the Michelin's made it to 11,000 and the front tire was really torn up and down to the wear markers while the back looked pretty good. Looks like the tire wear is going to be 2 fronts to a 1 rear.
Interesting. I just happened to put on a new set as well (Dunlop Roadsmart 3) to replace the OEM Metzelers at 13k kilometres. It looked the same to me as well, the front was worn a bit more than the rear, until I discovered that despite nowhere near the wear markers, it showed some steel wires for a 4" length in the middle of the tyre. This was strike two for Metzeler as a brand on my bikes.

681 - 700 of 731 Posts