BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got a much newer to me Replacement RT on Saturday! Officially I am a part of the Wet-Head crew! Yes, of course their was a transition period. Oil Head , 2 Hex's(1 RT / 1 GS), Cam Head, now, Wet Head! And yes leaps and bounds of upgrades and technology. Still in learning phase.

Jimz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, the issue has always been the exchange rate then if we buy from the USA the USPS charges as much as the item itself is then once we get it here our government charges another 10% tax. Bought. heel/toes shifter for my GTL that was just under $200.00 USD by the time it landed on my doorstep it turned into around $450.00AUD. I prefer to sup[port local these days but sometimes you just have to swallow the cost because we can't buy it here.
Agree, especially not being able to buy many products here. But I have had success in buying items on sale in the US & shipping those items to
Gas Font Magenta Electric blue Darkness
in Florida, as most times its free shipping inside of the US & they do ship to Aust at 'very' good rates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you'd be better off taking a vacation to the US then packing the parts in your luggage on your return LOL
:LOL:
Hah hah - you might be able to get out of Australia, but you would have a hard time getting back in with our recalcitrant Govt's. I live in the state of Victoria & we have had over 220 days in lockdown in about the last 18 months or so - & part of that lockdown is you can't travel more than 5 kms from home, along with a 9pm to 5am curfew where you can't leave your home without a permitted reason. :mad:

·
Registered
2014 R1200RT LC
47 Posts
Thanks, Mark. Not sure if this sample link will work, but here goes:
[Link deleted]
Edit: Looks like I’ll need another sharing solution… will work on that.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I dropped the right side top section of my side case off to have it resprayed at my mate's workshop today after some nice person in a shopping center scraped the side of the lid with a trolly leaving a nice mark along the top section. It is an easy fix and won't cost me anything because my mate looks after me. In return, I am going to detail his Harley but a big shout out to all those shoppers that don't give a hoot about other people's property or just can't drive let alone push a trolly.
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Output device

• Angry
Reactions: Nil_Time

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
73 Posts
I dropped the right side top section of my side case off to have it resprayed at my mate's workshop today after some nice person in a shopping center scraped the side of the lid with a trolly leaving a nice mark along the top section. It is an easy fix and won't cost me anything because my mate looks after me. In return, I am going to detail his Harley but a big shout out to all those shoppers that don't give a hoot about other people's property or just can't drive let alone push a trolly.
View attachment 175247
We call it a “shopping cart”…😊

·
Registered
324 Posts
It has been about a month since I had the colour change on my RT so today, I got my Meguires Compound and Buff out to give the bikes paint a bit of a buff. Wow, the difference from shiny to glass-like finish was worth the time I put into this. The biggest thing that helped achieve the glass-like finish was using my buff. Not only saved time but love the shine. The only issue now is to wait until we get some freedom from lockdown to ride and to also get the side case top section that is being repaired by my mate after it was scratched at a shopping center. We are allowed to travel within a 5 klm radius from our home if we are going shopping or something that is essential need to do so. I managed to need some more polish ( not ) even tho I knew the local parts shop was closed it was a good excuse to ride and say I had no idea that it was closed due to the Covid restrictions lol. I am double Vax and make sure I do the social distancing stuff to keep all safe including myself. Lastly, I cleaned and conditioned the seats.
Sorry for the rant just so bored with not being able to go anywhere. The bike won't ever be this clean again lol. (well that might not be true.)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
It has been about a month since I had the colour change on my RT so today, I got my Meguires Compound and Buff out to give the bikes paint a bit of a buff. Wow, the difference from shiny to glass-like finish was worth the time I put into this. The biggest thing that helped achieve the glass-like finish was using my buff. Not only saved time but love the shine. The only issue now is to wait until we get some freedom from lockdown to ride and to also get the side case top section that is being repaired by my mate after it was scratched at a shopping center. We are allowed to travel within a 5 klm radius from our home if we are going shopping or something that is essential need to do so. I managed to need some more polish ( not ) even tho I knew the local parts shop was closed it was a good excuse to ride and say I had no idea that it was closed due to the Covid restrictions lol. I am double Vax and make sure I do the social distancing stuff to keep all safe including myself. Lastly, I cleaned and conditioned the seats.
Sorry for the rant just so bored with not being able to go anywhere. The bike won't ever be this clean again lol. (well that might not be true.)
I empathise with you, Geoff - especially as I'm located in the People's Republic of Victoria! I have been doing a 30 km loop within the 5km radius - both on the RT and the Vespa scoot. Very much looking forward to getting out on a long ride!

Tony

·
Registered
324 Posts
I empathise with you, Geoff - especially as I'm located in the People's Republic of Victoria! I have been doing a 30 km loop within the 5km radius - both on the RT and the Vespa scoot. Very much looking forward to getting out on a long ride!

Tony
I feel for you guys in the Peoples Republic as you have been through the wringer with over 200 days in lockdown. I think it is the longest lockdown anywhere in the world from all reports. I hope with a lot of Australians getting the Jabs it allows us to be able to move around in our own states and between others once they reach the 80% full vax they are aiming for. I don't think any other country in the world would have such stupid government heads that won't allow an Australian to be just that and not be from one state or the other including the 2 territories we have. I can see people from overseas laughing at our government system and the leaders. Funny when you mentioned that you have been doing 30 km loops as I did around 100 km on the R18 that I had a loan of while the dealership Bluetooth my Aux. Lights to the bike's computer during last week. Funny how you can still stay within that 5 km and do the km if you are motivated to going nowhere in particular lol.
Stay safe Tony and let's hope we all have more freedom very soon.

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
73 Posts
Every time I read any of you poor buggers posts I am shocked at how draconian your treatment is!! I would blow my mind living under those restrictions.

Our government simply made mention of doing it and the shit hit the fan, thankfully. I have to ask what is worse…the risk of Covid or the solution of locking you up?
On one hand you are simply delaying the inevitable.

·
Registered
324 Posts
:ROFLMAO:
Need to laugh as it's so true at the moment. This in and out of home detention for 200+ days is taking its toll on everyone.
Bike is covered and on charge for the moment. Yes Geoff, it's clean underneath the cover :).
View attachment 175270
I know it would be spotless and also wish you guys a lot more freedom with the 70% first vax rules being relaxed. Stay safe Mark.

Reactions: Nil_Time
401 - 420 of 426 Posts