BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
381 - 400 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
68 Posts
Booked the bike in for this upcoming Thursday to have the Aux lights paired with the bike's computer system system. My service manager asked if I would like an R18 as a loan bike for the day even tho the job itself should only take about 30 mins for the lights to be bluetoothed to allow activation. We are still in lockdown and only allowed 5 kn\lms from our LGA but I am sure I will find a lot of back and forth roads around our area to give the bike a good ride lol. :unsure: I am not a fan of the R18 but looking forward to riding this fugly bike. I have read they are not the most comfortable bike but I am not buying it lol so might be a good trail ride. Shame we can't venture out more than a 5 klm radius.
View attachment 175088
I'd love to test ride one. I like the Transcontinental.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dropped my RT off at the dealership to have the new Aux lights calibrated and got a brand new R18 for a loan bike while they did the calibration. Wow, the R18 has heaps of torque and is fun to ride around local areas but would not want to take it on a long trip. Posted some pics in another thread. Maybe I am crazy but the dealership is the local one they look after me all the time so I washed their new bike before I returned in with a few more extra klms under its belt lol.

·
Registered
2014 R1200RT LC
47 Posts
Rode up to Brunswick, MD, for coffee with a friend on his new F900R. Left home at oh-dark-30 and enjoyed a very nice sunrise in the farmlands.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
G'day from Australia, Just enquiring please to find out how you have found the Innovv K3 system installed on your bike, as I am seeking to put one on my R1250RT. Also if I can ask, where did you mount the DVR on the bike?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi macca - I've mounted the DVR under the pillion seat. I don't have a radio so there is room for it there, and I've fitted the GPS unit in the RHS speaker hole. As for functionality, well I guess it does the job it's designed for - evidence gathering "just in case". I wouldn't say the quality is good enough if you want to do serious vlogging, nowhere near as good as a Hero 9 for example. I'll take some photos and maybe post some example videos if you're interested. Not sure where you could mount all the bits if you have the radio though....

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
So today I FINALLY Got my touring Topcase (Supply chain issues - sigh) and got IT mounted.
Keying the lock cylinder was kinda fun (yeah, I'm a bit "off" LOL)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Also added the topcase brake light:
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I also got new reservoir clamps from BMW from a '16 GSA so I can add RAM balls easily and neatly (but not cheaply LOL)
Left is stock 21 RT clamp, right is the '16 GSA Clamp - both have mount hole for the driving lights switch!

White Camera accessory Cameras & optics Audio equipment Material property

Not cheapest way to do it but sure is tidy:
Automotive tire Blue Automotive design Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part

I did the same on right side...no pics...

Dave

·
Registered
2014 R1200RT LC
47 Posts
Very nice, Dave. I went third-party on my clamp on account of the price ($39?) but will upgrade to the GS clamps one week when I’m flush. It’s all in the details…

My top box is the factory color; will paint to match when I update to a 202X model. For now, it’s close enough to the quartz blue. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
So today I FINALLY Got my touring Topcase (Supply chain issues - sigh) and got IT mounted.

View attachment 175190

View attachment 175193

I also got new reservoir clamps from BMW from a '16 GSA so I can add RAM balls easily and neatly (but not cheaply LOL)
Left is stock 21 RT clamp, right is the '16 GSA Clamp - both have mount hole for the driving lights switch!

View attachment 175191

View attachment 175192

Dave
That makes for a clean and neat install. Thanks for sharing, I plan to copy what you did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Many thanks for the quick reply, the picture & posting the video (y) I do have the radio etc in that space, hence unfortunately there is no room for the DVR. FYI, I have a Hex ezCAN & that wouldn't even fit in there & I had to mount it in the rear tail light section. The video quality didn't seem to be as good as I expected, especially when compared to their promotional videos. But as you indicate, they would be good for evidence gathering.

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 175190

View attachment 175193

View attachment 175191

View attachment 175192

Dave
Top box, light & mounts look good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got a message BMW Melbourne have the lights in stock and is on their way should be here in NSW mid-next week. I fell over the wiring harness and brackets were $880.00 AUD now the 2 led lights are $440.00 AUD if I bought them as a kit with everything included they would have need cheaper. I only wanted them for running lights but at that cost, I could have bought a set of Darla or Clearwater lights. But to be honest it would be overkill as I don't ride in the dark any more than I have to, then most times there is too much traffic around to use them anyway.
Everything is so so expensive in Australia Geoff - I do try & support local businesses, but when there is a big difference in price I will purchase from overseas.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Everything is so so expensive in Australia Geoff - I do try & support local businesses, but when there is a big difference in price I will purchase from overseas.
Yes, the issue has always been the exchange rate then if we buy from the USA the USPS charges as much as the item itself is then once we get it here our government charges another 10% tax. Bought. heel/toes shifter for my GTL that was just under $200.00 USD by the time it landed on my doorstep it turned into around $450.00AUD. I prefer to sup[port local these days but sometimes you just have to swallow the cost because we can't buy it here.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Yes, the issue has always been the exchange rate then if we buy from the USA the USPS charges as much as the item itself is then once we get it here our government charges another 10% tax. Bought. heel/toes shifter for my GTL that was just under $200.00 USD by the time it landed on my doorstep it turned into around $450.00AUD. I prefer to sup[port local these days but sometimes you just have to swallow the cost because we can't buy it here.
Sounds like you'd be better off taking a vacation to the US then packing the parts in your luggage on your return LOL
:LOL:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
Sounds like you'd be better off taking a vacation to the US then packing the parts in your luggage on your return LOL
Did that.:D. Worked in Mojave, CA for a few months and resided Palmdale. Spent a few evenings shopping at Lowe's..
Had to purchase a couple of additional bags before heading home. Just a shame I didn't have the RT back then...

381 - 400 of 416 Posts