BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
361 - 380 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice job Geoff.. Lets hope we get out of Lockdown soon.
Thanks, Mark, If the lights wiring harness and brackets turn up I could put them on but like everything here these days they are held up with freight stoppages or no one can move from one state to another. I checked with my dealership today and they told me that they are on the way but can't say when they will be here. God knows but at least it will give me some satisfaction having them on the bike before our day of freedom. lol :unsure::cool:(y)

·
Registered
320 Posts
My LED light brackets and wiring harness turned up today so I got straight into fitting them on the bike as we do. I left checking the light plug/socket for the last part of today's installation only to find out they are the older lights with a different plug. I can't go any further until the new pair of lights turn up next week, then that should only take about 10 mins to change them over but once that happens I need to book the bike into the dealership to have them connect the can bus Bluetooth to activate the lights. I know it is the way things go when you get a free pair of lights and think wow I have saved big $$ by not having to buy a pair and then to fall on my backside lol. Life has so many turns and this is but one and I need to accept it, if we are not in lockdown, I could have gone to an auto electrician and had that fixed.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
320 Posts
Got a message BMW Melbourne have the lights in stock and is on their way should be here in NSW mid-next week. I fell over the wiring harness and brackets were $880.00 AUD now the 2 led lights are $440.00 AUD if I bought them as a kit with everything included they would have need cheaper. I only wanted them for running lights but at that cost, I could have bought a set of Darla or Clearwater lights. But to be honest it would be overkill as I don't ride in the dark any more than I have to, then most times there is too much traffic around to use them anyway.

Reactions: macca

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nothing too exciting for most but at the oil change/state inspection on my 2015 RTW yesterday I needed both tires. Swapped my Pilot Road 4 GTs for the 5 GTs. I have a trip to the Blue Ridge coming up in 2 weeks (Twin Valley Rally) and needed to be best prepared for that adventure. I’ll be putting some miles on them this weekend to get them scrubbed-in. I’m anxious to see how they handle compared to the 4 GTs.

Paul

·
Registered
60 Posts
My report is similar to cadmanpilot. I had new tires put on Tuesday and scrubbed them in this week. I am trying out the Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires. Tomorrow I plan to head west from Michigan until I find some mountains.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cadmanpilot and MichiganR80RT, both of you enjoy the time away and most of all please be safe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Geoff c, thanks for that thought. It’s been a long hot summer hiding at home - so looking forward to the exciting miles ahead.
We envy you guys and looking forward to being allowed our freedom in 2 months ( we hope ). Stay safe and enjoy the freedom we all long for.

Reactions: Nil_Time

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
My report is similar to cadmanpilot. I had new tires put on Tuesday and scrubbed them in this week. I am trying out the Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires. Tomorrow I plan to head west from Michigan until I find some mountains.
On the bright side its only a days ride;)...... I would guess the Black Hills??

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am heading for Glacier National Park, I may return through the black hills. Although I am staying in Iron Mountain Michigan tonight so I have reached my first mountain. A 450 mile days ride and I am still in Michigan.

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
320 Posts
Rectangle Textile Creative arts Art Pattern

Reactions: Aussie Mark

·
Registered
320 Posts
The new and correct led aux lights turned up today I installed them onto the bike only because I am like a big kid with anything to do with my bike or car. I wanted them on the bike rather than leave them off and look at bare brackets and wiring hanging loose. They still need to be calibrated to allow them to work with the can-bus system. I know I posted photos above of the wrong lights installed so please forgive the double post of the photos.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Rode off to get gas.
Took just over a gallon.
Decided I needed to put more than a gallon in it when I went for gas.
Rode to Dora, NM, then Elida, NM, then Melrose, NM, then back over to Cannon AFB for gas again.
Much better. Took 2.4 gallons
Then went home satisfied I didn't make a gas run for one stinking gallon...(y)

·
Cat Herder
1,576 Posts
I am heading for Glacier National Park, I may return through the black hills. Although I am staying in Iron Mountain Michigan tonight so I have reached my first mountain. A 450 mile days ride and I am still in Michigan.
Make sure you have a reservation before you get there or you can't get in. Also the Going to the Sun Road is closed... I was in Glacier before the BMW rally and it was pretty but it sucked because half of the bike could not get in because of the ridiculous reservation crap.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Booked the bike in for this upcoming Thursday to have the Aux lights paired with the bike's computer system system. My service manager asked if I would like an R18 as a loan bike for the day even tho the job itself should only take about 30 mins for the lights to be bluetoothed to allow activation. We are still in lockdown and only allowed 5 kn\lms from our LGA but I am sure I will find a lot of back and forth roads around our area to give the bike a good ride lol. :unsure: I am not a fan of the R18 but looking forward to riding this fugly bike. I have read they are not the most comfortable bike but I am not buying it lol so might be a good trail ride. Shame we can't venture out more than a 5 klm radius.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rode off to get gas.
Took just over a gallon.
Decided I needed to put more than a gallon in it when I went for gas.
Rode to Dora, NM, then Elida, NM, then Melrose, NM, then back over to Cannon AFB for gas again.
Much better. Took 2.4 gallons
Then went home satisfied I didn't make a gas run for one stinking gallon...(y)
I see you're quite close to Roswell NM? I've always wanted to go to Roswell to see the UFO Museum. I'm planning a trip from Austin TX out there for April next year. It is only 500 odd miles so could ride it in a day and spend two days in Roswell with some local trips then head home. Is April a good month for riding in that part of NM? Sorry for changing subject of the thread but perfect opportunity to ask this question.

361 - 380 of 416 Posts