BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Premium Member
I'm still detailing the LT. Today I buffed the paint with two compounds and two different polishing pads. I also washed it with Dove dish soap. Tomorrow I'll put the paint sealer on it.
When can I drop mine off? 馃榿

Reactions: Troy F

Registered
Me too

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Early this morning, maybe an hour before daylight, my wife was rudely awakened as I was gathering my riding gear. I said, "Hurry and get up or you'll be late for breakfast!" We live in the middle of the DFW metroplex and were eager to get out of town. I took one of my usual indirect direct routes on the roads to the rural countryside. We had the best home cooked breakfast at Brandi's Kitchen in Bridgeport. It's great to pull up to a diner at 8AM on Saturday and see twenty cars in the parking area. In Texas that is the first sign of great food. After dining an older gentleman kept trying to watch me out of the corner of his eye as we backed out under power. Pulling away from the diner my wife reminds me that we aren't heading towards home. Yep, just a bit farther before heading home. The weather was wonderful and cool, traffic was light, sun was shining....it was just a perfect day for wandering through the countryside. We did get back in time to water the flowers and shrubs before strolling inside for a wonderful nap together. I love my wife, my LT and a laid back ride.

Reactions: Troy F and kbob12

Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
When can I drop mine off? 馃榿
Ha ha it takes me one day just to do the wheels. I haven't cleaned it like this in two years. I'll have over 50 hours in it when I finish this afternoon. The paint protection I'm putting on today is only good for one year. Next year I'll spend twice as much time doing the paint correction on each body panel off of the bike. Then I'll put on paint protection that's good for four years.

Registered
Even thought the LT is long gone I did start preparing the B-GA for the trip this coming week.

Reactions: saddleman

IBR# 366
I rode my '03 LT to the dealer to get the parts needed to get my '13 GTL back on the road...

Premium Member
I rolled my LT over 95,000 miles today somewhere between Kansas City and St. Louis. 478 miles of riding today. Longest riding day in a couple of years.

Registered
It is a stash for emergency phone calls. No it is to keep the little squirt that comes from the vent hole, when you pull the lever, inside the reservoir instead of all over your bike.
Absolutely genius!! Thanks!

Premium Member
Put in 5.88 gal of fuel. Too close for comfort. BC MPG showed "---".

Have fun,
Jer

Reactions: davebullock

Premium Member
I washed off 5,600+ miles of road grit having just returned from a fantastic ride. Spent 18 days riding from PA to GNP (the 3rd time was the charm and we made it the full length of Going to the Sun), to Yellowstone, to the Grand Tetons, to SLC to visit a high school friend, to a great ride through Rocky Mountain National Park to Hays, KS to the RANS Aircraft open house, and then back home to PA. Had great weather, albeit a little cool at times, no significant LT issues other than mysterious coolant loss, and very little covid nonsense to deal with other than on the Blackfoot reservation in Montana. I鈥檓 now ready for winter and planning for next season鈥檚 rides.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts