BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

What brought you to a K1200LT website

• To learn more about the BMW LT but with no specific problems in mind.

Votes: 127 71.8%
  • To Look for help with a specific LT related problem(s).

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • To become a part of the BMW LT community.

Votes: 46 26.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Primary reason that you came to this site initially?

1. To learn more about the BMW LT but with no specific problems in mind.

2. To Look for help with a specific LT related problem(s).

3. To become a part of the BMW LT community.

Maybe this could be turned into a survey question by those who know this site better than me. Feel free to help expound on this! I'll reveal my reason for asking later. Picking one primary reason would be the goal here. Did I miss one?

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts

I bought a '99 LT while living in Wales, and started poking around on the 'net to find more info. That was several sites ago now, but the people and the wealth of technical information keep me here. Plus all the fascinating discussions, of course. :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Number three, with a bullet.:bmw: Someplace to hook up with riders to get the opportunity to ride more. And, someplace to read good excuses to tell the SO or boss or any other subject that the opportunity to ride more is eminent.:)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
1- To learn more about the LT before I bought one. That was in early 2000, on the old Yahoo group, which eventually metamorphed into this one.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
#1 - before I purchased to learn about the bike and after I purchased to keep from dropping it!

Now, after 2 1/2 years, I enjoy watching the threads deteriorate into childish banter.

·
Registered
133 Posts

I found this site just a few days after buying my bike, I was just looking for more info on the LT. I wish I would have found this site before I bought the bike it would have made me a smarter buyer and I would have know what to look for and what to ask before I purchased one.

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 & 3 for me also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
3. To become a part of the BMW LT community.

I don't currently own an LT, but it is the machine I intend to own as soon as I can. I recently took the MSF course and returned to riding after 20 years of caging it. Currently, I am reintroducing myself to riding on a middleweight cruiser (the Volusia). Once the cobwebs are gone, and the finances are right - I'll be saddling up on one of these phenomenal machines.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
The search Engine Coopernic found the prior site when I went looking for info on a different seat.
Bob

·
Registered
275 Posts
No. 3..Almost same situation as Kozmo659..Did the year thing on a medium cruiser and then traded up to the LT and haven't regretted a day of it!! Love the LT..Have already gone cross country on it and have 11,000 miles since Aug 2005..

·
Registered
241 Posts
#1 brought me here originally after I bought my 02 LT.
Afterwards, #2 and 3 keep me here.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
#1.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
I had this bike my wife coerced me into buying. I knew Harley's inside and out, but naught of this one, but how to change the oil. We were in E-groups at the time with few members (what, about 150?). There weren't any specific farkles for the bike and I bought some lights and screwed them under the tipover wings and slapped my battery operated radar detector on.

At the first CCR we were amazed at Randy's HID, the first and only at the time and 43 LT's seemed like a sea.

Now, this site and the folks on it are like a fambly to me. It transcends much more than the list or the poll.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
It's all his fault

A friend brought me to this site. He had just purchased a LT and found it. Then I started talking about getting a bike and he sent me over here to see what's going on. That's been almost three years now. For those of you that want to slap him around for bringing me on board his id is ................... Never mind, I'd rather he not get hurt and me not loose another friend. ;) :)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I was looking for a bike, was planning on a HD EGC. A friend told me about the KLT, I knew nothing about it. We rode my friends and I found one on this site for sale and the rest is history.
Bought a 03 KLTE, last Febuary, with 6K on the odo, now has 24K+. Headed to New Braunfels, tommorow for tech session. Back to where the "Beerburner" came from.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts