BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
it says Aeroflow on the windshield. looks like it is being sold by a harley dealer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
yechave said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&viewitem=&item=230203779448&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

Anyone think they know who the owner of this bike was, I would be interested in speaking with him?

I have sent a couple of inquiries to the dealer, they replied once, but did not answer my questions.

Thanks!
Well, there's an AEROFLOW sticker at the bottom edge of the windshield.....so that'd be my guess.

As to the owner....can't help you there. Good Luck....
That's a good price, as the local dealership out here, offered my buddy the same price as a trade for a GT.

Pat

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
I wonder what the reserve is? It has just about everything you need on a bike and some.

I wonder what it means when they say the reserve is set at what they have in it?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could not make out the print on the bottom of the shield, as obvious as that may have been.

We were going to take a drive to look at it, but have decided not to since the dealer did not answer my questions.

Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

I had thought about getting another loan, if it was going to cost nearly what we would have in the 99 with just shocks and lights.

Anyone use the Areoflow shield that would like to give their thoughts on that vs the stock, high shield?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
yechave said:
I could not make out the print on the bottom of the shield, as obvious as that may have been.

We were going to take a drive to look at it, but have decided not to since the dealer did not answer my questions.

Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

I had thought about getting another loan, if it was going to cost nearly what we would have in the 99 with just shocks and lights.

Anyone use the Areoflow shield that would like to give their thoughts on that vs the stock, high shield?

Thanks!
Wayne the aeroflow is the best shield I have found. I have used the C-bailey in the past and went back to aeroflow. The aeroflow offers the best wind protection for me and my passenger. The only drawback is the distortion in the lower shield. At first your eyes are drawn to the distortion but you tend to ignore the distortion in time. I never look through a shield always over.

·
Registered
71 Posts
that is definitly an aeroflo, i had a cee bailey on my k1200 lt and i replaced with the aeroflo. i am not sure why the cee bailey gets the praise it does but the aeroflo does it all and does not kill the gas mileage. if fact if you are wanting a cee bailey i have one?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'm not sure why Cee Baileys get a lot of praise...never owned one. And they may work well, but IMHO the aeroflows are just about "butt-ugly"! Certainly a case of function over form, for sure.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
ironbuttwannabe said:
I wonder what it means when they say the reserve is set at what they have in it?

It probably means they have the reserve set at/near the amounty they have in the bike as a trade-in. Usually a bunch of poo. Very few dealers sell bikes to "break-even".

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having had to make a quick decision while we still had some options to replace our shield at under list price and with free installation, we bought a BMW factory, extra tall shield from the dealer. No real complaint with that. The one that was on the bike had at least four cracks in it, and was well scratched up.

I had not seen this, so had no idea what it was. I also have the Laminar Lip, which looks like it will do what the Aeroflow shield does, but without the layered issue on top. The Aero looks like it might be too short for me. If my legs were proportionate with my upper body, I would be about 6'5" or so.

Only having seen this shield from this one pic, it sure looks like it would be a great idea. Will have to wait till next year, install the LIP, and see how that works on the LT. It did work pretty well on the RT up to about 65 mph.

Laminar allowed me to exchange that when it was explained I had problems on the RT at 75+ mph. Had to have the windshield all the way down at that point or the bike became very unstable. May or may not have all been attributed to the shield and possibly was more an issue with the rear tire.

So far, reserve for the bike was not met. Just a bit too far to want to make the drive to see it. I would have to assume this was not the guys first LT to have been so well outfitted as it is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
It probably means they have the reserve set at/near the amounty they have in the bike as a trade-in. Usually a bunch of poo. Very few dealers sell bikes to "break-even".
Jack, does it look like the the final drive was leaking and they didn't clean it up too good. Looks like it is leaking right where mine is. On the final drive side of the boot. Maybe it is just a shadow. But it looks like it could have been a bit of oil leaking over time making a dirty mark on the final drive exactly like mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts