BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are on the eve of the celebration of our Lord's birthday I felt that I wanted to tell all what I am thankful for. Maybe you can add some of the things I may miss.

I am thankful for living in a country that allows me to travel where ever and when ever I want on my LT. I am thankful for a job that puts food on the table, a roof over my head and gas in my LT. I am thankful for buying my LT over 5 years ago which eventually led me to this outstanding forum where we can exchange many ideas, dreams and experiences over our favorite sport. I am thankful that we have the CCR where we can meet once a year and have face to face fun with those we have met on this forum. I am thankful to have met and road a few miles with "El Jeffe" and had a wonderful Texas welcome with "Monte" three years ago. Like all of you, I am thankful for my friends and family.

I have experienced a lot of what I call "speed bumps in the road of life" this year but that is just to shake out the junk in your life and let you know what maintainance you need to do in your life to live long and wisely. It tinsels the steel of your spirt and soul. May all of you have a new year filled with smooth roads, sunny days of riding and new adventures around the bend in the road.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm thankful I made it this far. Everyday on the green side of the sod is a blessing to me. Everything else is a bonus.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Material things come and go; it's the people in my life that I most enjoy. I'm especially thankful for the woman who has been by my side for nearly 30 years and the son that she gave me some 25 years ago. I'm really glad that he made it home for Christmas.

I would also be thankful if they would get outta bed so we can open the material things...we're burning daylight here...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I am thankful for good health, freedom, a wonderful wife, and a very rewarding and exciting life. :D Oh, I forgot to mention Social Security and Medicare (whilst it lasts :p ), that I paid dearly for and the thieves in DC now want to take away :mad:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am very thankful for my fiance, K1200LT and a new Taylor Made 3wood!

----------------------------------------
04' K1200LT present
07' K1200GT past
03' K1200RS past

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,169 Posts
This year I am thankful to finally be married to Kathy, to have a job at a great company that helped us get a new house, to have wonderful daughters. Well, I am grateful for a great life in general! :)
Merry Christmas to all !!!

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
I'm very thankful to have made it through 2010. For all the monetary trials, and integrity tests, I'm STILL standing tall, integrity well intact, with a shit-eating grin on my face! :)

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
I'm thankful that my body temp. is not equal to the room temperature that I'm in & I am breathing well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm working, & the check did not bounce, I have an LT that runs great, 2 healthy kids who are on their way to being successful in their chosen & well paying fields, the house is paid for with a million dollar view, in an area many thousands of folks come to spend a week or so each year. But I am most thankful for my wife of nearly a quarter of a century, who puts up with me, & loves me with all of my faults & quirks . (she loves to ride behind me & is almost as good a shot as I am)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
robasay said:
As we are on the eve of the celebration of our Lord's birthday I felt that I wanted to tell all what I am thankful for. Maybe you can add some of the things I may miss.

I am thankful for living in a country that allows me to travel where ever and when ever I want on my LT. I am thankful for a job that puts food on the table, a roof over my head and gas in my LT. I am thankful for buying my LT over 5 years ago which eventually led me to this outstanding forum where we can exchange many ideas, dreams and experiences over our favorite sport. I am thankful that we have the CCR where we can meet once a year and have face to face fun with those we have met on this forum. I am thankful to have met and road a few miles with "El Jeffe" and had a wonderful Texas welcome with "Monte" three years ago. Like all of you, I am thankful for my friends and family.

I have experienced a lot of what I call "speed bumps in the road of life" this year but that is just to shake out the junk in your life and let you know what maintainance you need to do in your life to live long and wisely. It tinsels the steel of your spirt and soul. May all of you have a new year filled with smooth roads, sunny days of riding and new adventures around the bend in the road.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah
It's a good thing to consider what we are grateful for. Because, I feel certain that a true feeling of gratitude about what we have already opens the door for more to come to us. I am grateful for my wonderful wife and our exceptional children. I am grateful everyday for the home we live in, the food we get to eat, the air we breathe, the paradise we live in, the beauty of the natural world, the utter joy I feel riding my LT almost anywhere, and whatever skills and talents (however small) I have been blessed with. Mostly I am grateful that I can see so much that is good in my life, because if you can't see what is good in your life, it might as well not be there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am thankful for all the fun of 2010 with family, CC50, & riding with my wife through Brice, Zion, Canyon Land, and Arches National Parks. First long ride with my sweetie! and it was sweaty :sun: in July. I am thankful for the dreams and hopes for the new riding season!

Joseph O'Neal
2003 K1200lt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts