BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 gsa and trying to find out what you guys and gals are using for highway pegs for those long days in the saddle. I did try the search ( highway pegs) which came up empyt. Any links and/or pics would be great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Take a look here for the latest Mick-O-Pegs: http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/id54.html They are spring loaded to be up out of the way when you move your feet back to the stock pegs.

We recently received our first production run - anodized silver/clear. As soon as I can get to our local Dealership, mount a set on their floor model, take some pictures, I'll update our Web Site to include Model CC-An (for the BMW R1200GSA). Price of $329.95 includes S&H to US addresses.

Maybe one of those two who purchased a set in Americade will post their review to your thread.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I just got the jpegs installed and rode for a couple of long days. My bike is in FL at this time. It's awful hard for me to have both legs up on the pegs at the same time because of the width of the bike. What I do is alternate one leg at a time to change up my riding position. My goal is to have the MOP as well as the Jepgs.

If you search this site a little more you will find different posts regarding hwy pegs and different opinions.

David

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have the J-Pegs on the cylinder heads on my 2004 1150 GSA. Definitely one leg at a time not only because of the engine's width but because of less faring (more wind pressure) than I have on the LT.
Really, the best relief comes from just resting my whole leg on the "crash" bars. They form a nice support for the whole leg.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,093 Posts
I love my Mick-O-Pegs on the LT but I don't have crash bars on the GS. I didn't even know they were making Mick-O-Pegs for the GS. I am pretty happy with the Illium Works pegs on the GS(Birthday present last summer). Worked with John there to mod them a tiny bit to make them even more flexible in mounting. Very sturdy peg and folds up out of the way under the cylinder head.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think the Mick o Pegs might be the only custom option for a 1200GSA because of the crash bars. Most of the guys around here that have highway pegs for their GSA just go to a Harley shop, but some pegs for $75 and mount them on to the engine crash bars. Seems to work fine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to thank all for their information.
I do have some old harley highway pegs out in the garage and did give them a look see. But. as I remember the bracket looked to be to large for the bmw engine bars. Bmw'w look like they are made of smaller dia. tubing. I will give it another look.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
rlv said:
I have a 2010 gsa and trying to find out what you guys and gals are using for highway pegs for those long days in the saddle. I did try the search ( highway pegs) which came up empyt. Any links and/or pics would be great.
i still run mikes ottomans on my GSA, the bike actually got dropped and nothing was hurt either (yea yea I know... it got knocked over on my lower drive right at the end of of the slab)

·
Registered
836 Posts
2007 GSA. I use some highway pegs from J&P Cycles. I think they were about $40 pr. There are some really nice ones in the $100+.

I have them set so I can put my feet on them or on top of them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe Munson will weigh in here. He got Mick O Pegs installed on his GS at CCR.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
You can rest you legs on the jugs. At least on the '09s and earlier. They don't get hot. Or for a good stretch you can put them up on the crash bars on the GSA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts