BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, picked up this 2000 K1200LT at the weekend.
Noticed that there are a couple of wires that I'm not sure what they are... Can anyone help?

The first is a green & a white wire coming out of the ECU(?) and doesn't go to anything!

The other looks to have the PIAA lights tapped into one of the 3 wires... I'm guessing this is for the power trip on the relay.
Not sure what the white connector is for... has three prongs in it.
It's located right under the rear seat.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Noticed that there are a couple of wires that I'm not sure what they are... Can anyone help?

The first is a green & a white wire coming out of the ECU(?) and doesn't go to anything!

The other looks to have the PIAA lights tapped into one of the 3 wires... I'm guessing this is for the power trip on the relay.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Welcome from Sugar Hill GA.

I have no idea what either of them is for but I did use a wire off the white connector to trigger my accessory relay just like that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, cheers... I've got a Fuzeblock coming, so I'll use that for the trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
The white connector looks like the heated seat power connection, I'll have to look to be sure.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
The white connector looks like the heated seat power connection, I'll have to look to be sure.
I thought it might be for that but I don't have that option to confirm plus it has a wire that comes live with the ignition.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts

Any ideas?

Thanks.
The green and white wiring is definitely aftermarket. The white connector is the plug for the heated rear seat. Attached is a picture of how I tied an AS-7 autoswitch that controls my PIAA lights to the plug (see red wire from the AS-7 to the wiring of the white plug) for switched power. The turn signal canceling switch is used to turn the PIAAs on/off. The wiring from the AS-7 is tied to the TSC switch under the right handlebar cover, and the red/green LED light that is used to inform the rider if the PIAAs are on, peaks out of the underside opening of the handlebar cover.

I also later installed a Centech AP-2 fuse block (see second picture), which you can see (although somewhat blurry) in the space near the rear shock adjuster, but never got around to moving the red wire for the AS-7 to the fuse block to power the PIAAs.

Hope this helps! :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... The white socket is sorted.
I'm still dumbfounded by the white and green wires though!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,261 Posts
Those are wired into the ABS module connector so you can perform a check of the fault and reset it. See the attached document. I'll bet that one is the wire going to pin 21 and the other is earth.

Attachments

Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Andy: John Zeiler is the EF Hutton of LT maintenance - when John talks, LT riders listen.... :wave

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Pretty sure The white connector is for heated seat

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's awesome John... Thanks much.
I think you've nailed it!

Thanks for all the replies guys.
Impressive!

Those are wired into the ABS module connector so you can perform a check of the fault and reset it. See the attached document. I'll bet that one is the wire going to pin 21 and the other is earth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think so!
I'm all ears! :grin:

Andy: John Zeiler is the EF Hutton of LT maintenance - when John talks, LT riders listen.... :wave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts