BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike fell over yesterday while sitting in my driveway, and the front right footpeg broke off. Well, she came with a bunch of goodies in the trunk when I bought her, and these two black BMW... things were in the collection of stuff. I am hoping that they are some kind of footpeg, but I cannot see how they could possibly attach. I honestly have no clue as to what they are, and I am down until I can get it replaced. :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Those are 400.00 on EBAY.

They are J-peg, highway foot rests. They mount under your wings.

You probably will be shopping EBAY for new foot pegs.

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
My bike fell over yesterday while sitting in my driveway, and the front right footpeg broke off. Well, she came with a bunch of goodies in the trunk when I bought her, and these two black BMW... things were in the collection of stuff. I am hoping that they are some kind of footpeg, but I cannot see how they could possibly attach. I honestly have no clue as to what they are, and I am down until I can get it replaced. :crying:
Those look like J-Pegs as Mike said, but the one appears to be broken. At least in the picture there appears to be a break through a mounting hole, but the picture is a little dark.

Sounds like you need to call BeemerBoneyard or search fleabay.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those look like J-Pegs as Mike said, but the one appears to be broken. At least in the picture there appears to be a break through a mounting hole, but the picture is a little dark.
The broken part you see if the broken footpeg that I removed from my bike. I just laid the J-Pegs there to take a picture. The previous owner put floorboard in the rear, and left the original rear pegs in the trunk. I have one jury-rigged right now just so I can get to work and back. It's ugly and REALLY inconvenient, but it works for now.
How do these J-Pegs mount? Is there a site somewhere with instructions? I do not see holes anywhere to mount them. Do I need some sort of bracket?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Under your black covers of your tip over wings, there should be some T6 alum tip over supports that replace the factory black tubes. The Jpegs attach to them. Most likely plastic cover has been cut out on bottom side allowing access to attach Jpegs to underside.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Don't leave your bike idling on the side stand. When parking leave in first gear if on the side stand. Sorry for your tip over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't leave your bike idling on the side stand. When parking leave in first gear if on the side stand. Sorry for your tip over.
I just backed it out of the garage like I do every morning. jumped off to shut the garage door, and CRUNCH! Normally when I get off, I give it a quick shove to the left just to make sure it is leaning well, but I was running late and trying to get my daughter squared away for school. This happened once before a few years ago. Nothing broke that time. I hate it when I hurt my baby like that.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I’m surprised you broke the peg. One of the wonderful safety features is the “no crunch zone” made by the tip over wing and saddle bag. When I got hit, it protected my leg and foot from injury. The aluminum cigar tube in my pocket didn’t fair so well, crushed flat, and was my only bruise.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My bike fell over while fueling it on the way to Billings in July. Replacement from BMW is near $300.00.

Bemmer Bone yard had one for less than $100.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Jpegs. Hiway pegs for the LT.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The Jpegs mount under the black plastic crash bar covers.if there isn't already. Holes have to be cut in the plastic covers to accommodate the jpegs. There should also 2springs. And 2 ball bearings to lock Jpegs in their 2 positions.

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
Here you go - many versions - a few different mounting brackets over the years

Order BMW J Pegs

Good luck with your repairs and replacements!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts