BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dec 20, 2012, ~3:20AM

Way too early for Santa, so we knew something bad had to have happened.........

Apparently, the pine tree snapped way up and sent the broken section down like a missle. It punctured the roof of the laundry room, caving in the top of the freezer (which still runs by the way), popping the door off the freezer, then the rest of that section fell to the ground which caused the part that punctured the roof to pry up and peel the metal roof up like a can opener. It managed to miss the electrical wiring in the ceiling but the wires on on top of the log. Getting this out and off the roof is going to be real fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I forgot to mention that this was all caused by the high winds that blew through early this morning.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Doug Glad no one was hurt. The winds here are just as bad. An Apartment complex about 2 miles from me caught fire after the wind blew tree branches into power lines. 5 building lost & over 50 families are without a home.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
katnapinn said:
Doug Glad no one was hurt. The winds here are just as bad. An Apartment complex about 2 miles from me caught fire after the wind blew tree branches into power lines. 5 building lost & over 50 families are without a home.
My stepdaughter had her truck parked right where that tree fell. As luck would have it, her husband went to visit his uncle and parked out by my truck when he came back. If he hadn't of gone to see his uncle, their truck would have still been sitting there - and crushed this morning.

I hate hearing about apartment complexes catching fire. It's so hard to stop the fire and with these winds, damn near impossible. I hope there was no loss of life.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Wow! What a horrible way to start the day. Glad it was in that room and not the bedroom.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Be sure to call your insurance agent right away before you start moving too many things around. It is good that you have pictures but they are going to want their own when they come to inspect. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
moralem said:
Be sure to call your insurance agent right away before you start moving too many things around. It is good that you have pictures but they are going to want their own when they come to inspect. Good luck.
We called them about 4am. They told us to take pics, then do whatever we needed to do to secure the house.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
dwsdad said:
We called them about 4am. They told us to take pics, then do whatever we needed to do to secure the house.
Unhh - wooda been cheaper to have a cord or two of firewood delivered and stacked, woodn't it?? :rolleyes: ;)

Glad no one got zinged, Bud. Better wave a flag for Santa so's he don't come down the wrong hole-in-the-roof!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Wow, glad no one was hurt, Doug. Stuff can be replaced, people can't. Do what you gotta to be safe, dry & warm. Then go freezer shopping.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dick said:
Unhh - wooda been cheaper to have a cord or two of firewood delivered and stacked, woodn't it?? :rolleyes: ;)

Glad no one got zinged, Bud. Better wave a flag for Santa so's he don't come down the wrong hole-in-the-roof!!! :)
Cheaper & easier!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BennyBob said:
Wow, glad no one was hurt, Doug. Stuff can be replaced, people can't. Do what you gotta to be safe, dry & warm. Then go freezer shopping.
Thanks. That freezer belonged to my mom. I think it was about 20yrs old but still worked great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts